Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Her Tryhard, 1918

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 06-15-2016, 07:36 PM.

they do belong together imagery so vivid and coherently colourful each word blending with the others. I read it out loud and it almost overwhelms the senses. You keep raising the bar.
    Last edited by Parkinsonspoet; 06-07-2016, 12:57 AM.

Comment

I read many out loud- My children sometimes wonder why Dad is talking to himself-if only they would listen and enjoy

Comment

Hi, grant, I do recognize passages of this astonishingly beautiful and mysterious compendium of grantianisms!
        I marvel at the talent and knowledge that goes into these wonderful creations of yours! Bravo!

Comment

• grant hayes
          grant hayes commented
          Editing a comment
          Many thanks for your appreciation, Maestro Henry. I realise it may require a bit of orienting commentary, which may reduce the opacity.

I did recognize some as your earlier work Grant but I agree with you - they flow, they define and go deliciously together even when depicting vividly disturbing images - and all his world in her nails, pink as the kill of lions - it gave me the feeling I was reading some of Po's work. Outstanding.

Comment

A powerful portrayal of the reality of WWI. It is so important that we remember this most tragic mistake of Western Civilization. So many of our current problems fall from it. Gassed.jpg

John Singer Sargent "Gassed" Imperial War Museum
          Last edited by John Wertz; 06-07-2016, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Absolutely, John. The century long shadow of that war is still cast over us.

I love this meat and potato poem better than the dessert poems my stomach has grown used to. Thank you !!!

Comment

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            Hahahahahaha, what a charming image, lunar glide.

before I read all of the explanations I have to tell you I was on a roller coaster ride through and hell and war but it took me to an earlier time a more primitive war. I guess all war is Primitive. Really Good!!!!

Comment

Yes, there are certain timeless aspects to it, the second. Supplying commentary as I have here is a two-edged sword: for some readers it can enhance appreciation; for others it can derail a perfectly legitimate individual interpretation. I always support the latter.

Comment

No harm I still have strong visions the poem gave me. Now your visions are more clear! Feel my respect.

Comment

You know, the second, I just reread it and put World War I right out of my mind, and it can definitely speak to other times and places.

Respect to you, Mohawk!

Comment

Snicker

Comment

"I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
                    And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
                    And in short, I was afraid."

Comment

Working...
                    X