Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View from a Monet

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 08:53 PM.

Wonderfully written as usual, grant! Monet was, arguably, perhaps the one artist that changed the face of Impressionism. Kudos poet!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      This is more evenly structured than my typical fare, Graydon. I thought it would be interesting to look out from behind the painted interface, rather than look at it. Thank you, sir, for your appreciation!

Oh my goodness Grant - I get CHILLS reading this. It is achingly beautiful!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Rhymist! I wanted to instil some order in my rowdy lexical irregulars and turn them into a disciplined poetical unit.

Wow, grant. Wonderful poem. I love how you constructed it.

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you kindly, Muttado. Yep, the structure is well and truly en face with this one. Still can't turn a ha'sonnet though!

oh yes! i felt the bite of creativity reading this one thank you!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      You're welcome, O serene apostle of Selene. Thank you for reading!

This is beautiful and interesting, grant, a departure from your usual fare in that it is strictly structured and accessible, and not a departure in that it is a superior work of art carefully crafted! Grantastical!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Many thanks, Maestro! I have been influenced by a number of poets here to explore such different approaches. I actually feel happy with this one.

This is another one of those poem I just want to fall into...many, many sighs (my version of kudos, likes, huzzahs and strewth all rolled up into one)!

Comment

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      Sighs are good, Rhymist. I'll gladly accept sighs.

I agree with all the comments -- your work always shines Grant but this one is so romantic and capturing -- a peek at a different playful, romantically emotive side to you. Love it!! I could read this over and over and never tire of reading it!!! Sighs!!! :-)

Comment

These sighworthy words from the other side of a painting seem to have really spoken, Alexandra. Thank you so much for engaging with this piece, and I am glad you enjoy it!

Comment

Grant the many facets of your great talent reflect light in all directions! Words not excavated from your usual trove of delights, but full of a profound simplicity that enthrals. Just Lovely!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X