Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agemess

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 09:54 PM.

Unless I am very mistaken, it is with profound regret I must inform you, um, your husband is dead (and the house is mortgaged to the hilt, could be termites, too). Yeah, I am afraid so.

I love the tongue in cheekiness and the play on words here, grant!

Well done, Maestro!

More!

Comment

No proper volta in this fractured quasiquadrisept, MHenry, but it's a good exercise in loopitude.

Comment

The whole thing is a volta! It's one big volta! Make it a four Ha'Sonnet string! Go back up and set it up with two more Ha'Sonnets, then finish it off with one more below!

Comment

This has nothing to do with your poem (sorry), but it did bring to mind a joke my husband told me years ago.

A piece of string walks into a bar and walks up to the counter.

The bartender says, "Sorry mate, we don't serve pieces of string in here, get lost."

Upset, the piece of string walks out the door. A sudden thought strikes him. He ties himself in a loop and messes his hair up.

He walks back into the bar and approaches the counter. The bartender says, "Oi, aren't you that piece of string from before...?"

"No," says the piece of string, "I'm a frayed knot."

Comment

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh dear.

Comment

Um, enfume? Housebind? I'm glad MHenry translated this one. Like the form, though. :-)
              Last edited by Muttado1sb; 05-26-2016, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Enfume is real (from French); housebind is a neologism of mine.

Comment

I like this creative style Grant - it's as though it gently unfolds to reveal itself.

Comment

Working...
                  X