I Would Say I'm Sorry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Would Say I'm Sorry

Last edited by Sumyanna; 07-17-2016, 09:26 AM.

I really enjoy your voice in your work.

Comment

Lovely!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much Rach79!

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Rach79!

Hi, Sumyanna, you have captured the feelings of residual anger and self control eloquently and elegantly!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks - I was feeling guilty about one of my posts. Sometimes we are forced to defend ourselves and though I will do it - I do at the same time feel guilty for having to. Hope that makes sense. I love both poems otherwise - on the basis of poetry, but still feel guilty for defending with strength (even though it is sometimes required) :-) Hope I have not confused you completely MHenry

Hi Sumyanna, I think how we handle anger is one of the biggest tests. From this poem, sounds like you are doing a good job of it.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you John. It is never easy :-)

Wonderful write.

When I was a child, another boy insulted me with a racial slur, and a physical altercation ensued.

My grandmother, in her wisdom, admonished me that, no one can dishonour you, only your own deeds, and the guilt or shame that they produce, may do that.

I have tried to face both harsh criticism and insults, in the light of that truth, and, more often than not, this neutralizes their effect.

Comment

Working...
X