I Will Not Lie Down Upon Your Lies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Will Not Lie Down Upon Your Lies

Last edited by Sumyanna; 07-17-2016, 09:27 AM.

Sumyanna goes gothick. Darkly stark.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a place I like to dwell - but I do every so often when someone REALLY rubs me the wrong way :-) I can do it for fun, but prefer other topics.

Sumyanna, I think I dated that one back in the 70s! Very scary. I liked it.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh, I'm glad I wasn't drinking tea when I read your comment. Made me laugh. Yeah, I've met a few of those...

What kind of prompt inspired this??? You do know how to paint a picture - even a dark one!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      That's what others have said. Trust me - I have a mostly sweet side, but what they did was completely overboard. I have never been called such names - and all I asked for was proof. Besides, promise that I write out all my emotions with the pen. I live large through them, I think - but underneath it all I am as fragile as anyone else :-)

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I feel pretty blessed to be learning from you - and the others here - because this is my first real foray into poetry. I mean, I've scribbled things for years as they came, w/ or w/o rhyme or reason. I'm being a bit more intentional so I can learn and grow - and there are plenty of styles/lessons to absorb.

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I think that at some point we feel a little more confident with our abilities in writing - not to ever say we are the best, but we are comfortable with what we can do. With that said, I am always looking for ways to grow - hence all the prompts, etc. I'm just like everyone else - trying to grow and learn. I love how I do things but wonder, if I just learn something else - will it make things that much better? There is such an opportunity for growth. I guess that is what I love about it.

On a side note - hope I haven't scared you off :-) as I said - I rarely go there. I do write dark writes if an image requires it, however personally I find more peace when I stay away from negative thoughts. Guest
      Last edited by Sumyanna; 05-25-2016, 05:23 PM.

I have written dark and I like to write dark. There, I said it! I really enjoyed this dark piece. I found it deliciously dark. I want more dark! Love it, Sumyanna!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I don't know why - it is fun sometimes to use the depths of description in another direction :-) I don't know why, but the lady felt she owned the genre. I don't write them often, I might have to go and pull a few out to share. I've usually written them for prompts.

Sometimes we should let the dark things out. You have done it so vividly and well thank you

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      For me, if I can write my feelings down - I can get over them. Otherwise, they kind of fester inside. I'd rather just get it out and get over it. I agree Parkinsonspoet, it does help.

This is a deep poem, which carries, what eyes the reader brought.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you DWAYNE.

I could have sworn I commented on this one. Outstandingly dark. :-)

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought you had and I responded. Yesterday I posted several comments only to find out today they are missing. Strange!

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you!
Working...
X