Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    I'll second that. Some poets write better within strict frameworks, others write better when they're unconstrained. Some poets do well with both.

• MHenry
    replied
    i say write what pleases you and call it what you will!

Leave a comment:

• Suz-zen
    replied
    grant hayes

After writing that first one of4 syllables to inspiration Grant's first poem... without the more strict rules imposed of lines limited I have toyed with it. You know my ruffled feathers with rules ! I would like to propose a more lenient count. What say you and

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    the birth of a new poetic form! Maybe we will resurrect this one day and try to popularize it!

Leave a comment:

• Suz-zen
    replied
    Muttado1sb Hi ! Thank you for the thumbs up on this one. I had almost forgotten this one and the date (almost a year ago!) and inspiration of format to process of birth of the Ha'sonnet.
    Re-reading Grant and MHenry was fun tonight!

This poem had a deeper meaning I had not shared at the time... The images were meant to be more of an end of life here as we know it and making a transition to "the other side". In my mind at the time, it was a vision I had of Ireland/Scotland.
    Anyway, somewhere beautiful I could picture but had never been and hoped to get to.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Suz-zen
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Piperfancy~ always welcome to the Irish Party! Pour a Black and tan or Irish Whiskey and let's sing about the trouble we've seen!! County Antrim is on our list along with County Cork as family friends are from these delightful places! Another reason you have this poetic gift...long and lovely heritage of deep emotion!

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    Aww... I offer my profuse thanks! I haven't been well of late, and your poem put a wistful smile on my face.

• pipersfancy
    commented on 's reply
    Sorry for eavesdropping... but my dad was from Co. Antrim, and I still have family there, although—unfortunately—I've not yet been able to make the trip to meet them. Irish poets... and a pint of stout... can there be anything more deliciously melancholy?

• Suz-zen
    replied
    lunar glide Hi ! Thank you for reading and liking !

Leave a comment:

• Suz-zen
    commented on 's reply
    I like twists

• Suz-zen
    commented on 's reply
    oh what a grand idea!! and thank you for the nice comment!!

• Suz-zen
    replied
    Good morning grant hayes and MHenry I have just caught up on our new poetry format! Exciting!! SERENDIPITY Need coffee to add to this!

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    replied
    Okay. This will be a challenge, as I'm not used to resolving voltas. Really put my foot in that one. You shall have to give a taste of how it's done, Maestro.

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    I think the volta needs lines 5 and 6, with 7 as the resolution.

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    replied
    At what point should the volta and resolution fall? Last two lines, respectively?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X