Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have You Ever Felt the Song Rise Beneath Your Feet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much AlexandratheLate.

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much The second.

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you MHenry. I did not know if others felt the same or not. I've always been that way. Too active an imagination - but for this type of thing, it suits me just fine :-)

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you Graydon. I can't believe I haven't written for so long. It is nice to be back writing again.

• AlexandratheLate
    replied
    This is beautiful Sumyanna and I really like the way you immerse yourself with your words describing the whole experience, the smells, the colors, the feelings. :-).

Leave a comment:

• The second
    replied
    Again Touched!!! Beautiful again and again!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    You are the actress in your own movie, Sumyanna, but your movie is a poem and you are the writer and subject. Whatever you write about, that is who you are when you write. That is a powerful way to write and can only result in meaningful and insightful works of art.

Leave a comment:

• graydon archer
    replied
    I could not agree with grant's comment more! "Sumyanna, makes it absolutely imperative that you write poetry"! You are doing exactly what you were called to do... "find the beauty
    In everything you seek
    And seek –
    With open eyes."

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    That you are so deeply involved with the world at every level, Sumyanna, makes it absolutely imperative that you write poetry. And you do. The world needs to be wooed into this kind of engagement with the Other.

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Oh so glad Grant. I don't know I have always seen this way. I drove my parents crazy growing up - always asking questions. When I write about a flower filled with dew and bowing over with the weight of the rain, I try to see within myself what it must feel like. The bend - the release and then the slow rise back again. I guess I see the whole picture, but also take things on a smaller scale. I stand back and say, gee - isn't that amazing. So glad you liked this.

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you so much RhymeLovingWriter. So glad you like it :-)

• grant hayes
    replied
    I cannot say I had felt those things, Sumyanna, but now I have, through your lines; or, at least, I have a glimpse of what I've missed out on.

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    This too, paints a pretty picture. Your pen-brush knows the canvas well!

Leave a comment:

• Sumyanna
    commented on 's reply
    I know it can sound odd - but through poetry I often feel like I can feel what cannot be felt. Almost feel as if I can embrace what it feels to be a cloud letting loose of its rains. Don't know if everyone feels this way - but I try really hard to imagine what it must be like - as if all characters in a poem are myself experiencing life. I find it oddly beautiful though - in those moments. I guess that is where my poetry happens :-)

• Parkinsonspoet
    replied
    The song thrills indeed. The pace is just right and the flows through my mind like a refreshing mountain stream. It engaged me with its beauty. Awesome

Leave a comment:

Working...
X