Huddled together for flight
    Their mission your lawn

Millions of years
    Tell them they will easily
    Reforest your yard

Their Commander smiles
    At your poor efforts to stop
    This planned invasion

This poet speaks truth! This really made me smile broadly Tanner - many thanks.

Comment

I was outside playing Frisbee with my dog, aghast at the proliferation of dandelions. stopped for a moment, took apart a few strands and thought, these are excellent parachutes.
      Somebody must be in command of their insidious proliferation, hence the poem.

Comment

Oh I love this. So very true. Problem is... My kids are always picking them for me as a flower bouquet. Wonderful poem.

Comment

Zesta! I love the whole idea and (of course) the wording of this, Tanner. Completely charming!

Comment

I love the smiling commander. I do see them as paratroops now as in your allegory.

Comment

Your take on the Dandelion is charming and clever, Tanner!

The Dandelion is the plant equivalent of the cockroach, yet it is beautiful, not ugly. Children love them, the wind loves them, dirt loves them, the sun loves them. They are universally loved and yet reviled. The cockroach, on the other hand, has no friend but crevice, crack, and shadow, yet it is still the master of its domain... the kitchen.

Comment

Yes, yes, that poor Dandelion the yardly pest I wander When that became? Its one of the most edible plants to known man

Comment

Tanner you have an amazing ability to look at something and write beautiful poetry about it. This made me smile too. :-)

Comment

Tanner clever!~ and haiku?!?! i love dandelions! I wish on these paratroopers every chance i get!! Again Women and Men from different planets MHenry and RhymeLovingWriter ? I see little fairy ballerinas when they glide through the air and hear Swan Lake!

Comment

To all of you, many thanks, beauty and nuisance in the same soul!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                        RhymeLovingWriter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Perfect metaphor for....myself sometimes!
                    Working...
                    X