Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    That's poem material emerging right there, Dwayne. The ubiquity of depth: how can we bear it? We must needs hie to the Kardashians for respite.

• grant hayes
    replied
    I'm liking the sound of that taste, the second!

Leave a comment:

• The second
    replied
    I think I like the thought of it as baskketti, cooking it up and put'n some of mamas home made sauce on it. And you gonna like it! I do. Short and saucy, tasty

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    If we become interested in Nothing, Alexandra, we cannot help but notice the One. ☺

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    Lunar glide, this made me think of that Escher graphic of a Moebius strip with ants marching around it ☺

• DWAYNE
    replied
    There is depth and nuance, wherever we care to look, even at nothing, encompassing everything!

Leave a comment:

• AlexandratheLate
    replied
    I've never read something so interesting about nothing. Very clever Grant.

Leave a comment:

• lunar glide
    replied
    only you could write two sides to a moebus band 😄

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    replied
    Parkinsonspoet, thank you. I salute Your Crypticity!

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    There's an idea, Rhymist. I've covered Zero with this, and the seismic palaver of 'Nothing and One' already considers the monad. Perhaps Two should come next. If so, I shall have to wait for Two to steal up to me, for if I make any move toward it, it bounds away.

I like it that the words inspire a shape in your brain, Rhymist. The page is merely a catalyst.

• grant hayes
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, that binary One and Zero gnat gnaws at my pome-nerve again, MHenry. I felt inspired to respond to some of Tanner's speculations with a sample of my Woo hoodoo.

If one cuts a zero (an action symbolised by the letter Q) and straightens it out, one ends up with one. O => Q => ___ => I

And zero is simply the one turned back on itself. Think snake biting its tail. Ouroboros.

And here is a profundity (those that have an ear to hear, let them hear): if you wish to turn a piece of spaghetti from an emblem of one into a round nought IT MUST FIRST BE BOILED. That can be both good and bad. And I am mad.

• Parkinsonspoet
    replied
    zero or maybe in this case absolute zero very clever poem

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    I love the shape of this one Grant. Not so much the words on the page, but the sense of shape that they inspire in my brain as I read it. Lovely! Is there a "One" to follow? Or perhaps an entire string of numerical masterpieces?

Leave a comment:

• MHenry
    replied
    I am sure this is more enigmatic and meaningful than I can discern, but it smacks of cleverness and intrigue.
    It seems the binary code once again infiltrates in your poetic ode to zero and one.

Bears the stamp of grantianism and holds the binary banner high!

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    replied
    Thank you for stopping by and reading about Nothing, Benjamin ☺ Your comment is much appreciated.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X