Between the Shades of Gray, I am Lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Between the Shades of Gray, I am Lost

Last edited by Sumyanna; 07-17-2016, 08:17 AM.

I have been here - in this place. Perhaps not to the magnitude expressed here - but very nearly so. Poignantly reflective.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      No worries RhymeLovingWriter. I wrote this for an art piece a friend had made. Strangely enough - it was abstract art with deep purples, pink and silvery gray underneath. For some reason, this is what I felt while soaking it all in. I use art often (as well as prompts) to keep me writing :-)

After I read this, I thought of Van Gough's *Starry night*... I believe it was the line(s) "By the ashen shades of nightfall The violet skies that shade my longing To reach". For some reason, his tortured being jumped out at me... ( I'm a little crazy that way) Nonetheless, a wonderful piece of work

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      You know - I was thinking of trying to write for that one recently. I have never been able to forget that one. Mesmerizing. I could not agree with you more. Perhaps we should post that as a writing prompt? Thank you Graydon!

I promise no jumpng out I not only read but felt the emotion of this piece. Well done.

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Parkinsonspoet - that is exactly how I felt when I saw his painting. Strange, isn't it - but also lovely!

What a finely observed, richly chromatic expression of the melancholy veil!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, I was surprised I got all of that from his painting, but for some reason I felt it. Thank you Grant.

awesome!! Really really good!!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much The second :-)

Well done!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you Rach79!

Sumyanna. please make sure you don't take another loooong sabbatical from writing. I really enjoy your artistry. It would be a big loss if you stop writing

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      This past year, I have been writing almost every day - even when I don't post. However, every once in a while I do need a break - but it has not been for long. I don't know why exactly I stayed away so long before - I guess things were busy, but now that I have tasted the release of words again, I cannot give them up for anything (or at least, I hope not):-) Thank you so much Bobby!

A longing, lyrical lament full of colors and cosmos. An inspiring piece inspired by a friend's artwork. That's a good day! Well done - Sumyanna!

Comment

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much. I have a few people that are artists online and they just amaze me. I am an artist at art, I think - but I'm not as gifted (well, I have never had the chance to learn). I am starting to actually pick up the paintbrush and try though - you are never too old to learn :-)

blown away that you wrote this from art!! i too have felt so much and so deeply from viewing all kinds of art and nature but you have taken it to a level I have not been able to articulate! You have inspired me to go to the museum with my paper and pencil!!! My God when i read:
    And I struggle to understand
    The weight of my days
    I sink heavy in the darkness of longing
    In the silent wondering

‚ÄčI could not believe that this was not your real life feelings! I am in awe.
    Bravo!

Comment

• MHenry
      MHenry commented
      Editing a comment
      Suz-zen Van Gogh?

• Suz-zen
      Suz-zen commented
      Editing a comment
      MHenry, in love with Van G!!!! I have several books right here within view and have studied him and his brother Theo..... LOVEloveLOVElove!!

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes Suz-zen - exactly! When I think of it, it is like you act just as an actor would. You become the character and see and feel as if you are them. It is interesting, I think but I really enjoy it. I only started doing this recently and I have to say I never run out of ideas for writing. That is the nice thing - writer's block is nonexistent. Can't complain :-)
Working...
X