Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Begherk!

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-25-2017, 10:01 PM.

grant, I like this. Now i must give full disclosure: my synapses are in a bottleneck of sorts tonight, details not important!

I was captivated by the first line and have read it numerous times. I get a whole Hay-Zen-y-Spiral-menacing doom that is not doom feel that when read again takes me somewhere else entirely! Can't wait for others to weigh in! (diddles unfairness!) Sign of a great poem... I am thinking and feeling...

Disneglect feck - I am discomflumoxed by this!

Comment

Oh dear, Suz-zen, I do worry about the potential deleterious effect my lines may have on your health and wellbeing.

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        This is a wonderful world in this poem!

We use the word 'feckless' to describe a kind of weak-willed irresponsibility. So to be full of 'feck' is the very opposite of that, surely. It follows that to 'disneglect feck' is actually about being careful to maintain one's worth and effectiveness. Yet, one should not take it too far; a prevailing sense of 'bewareness' about such things is counter-productive, and can be quite tedious for one's companions to endure.

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        Last night I was reading Feck more as Effect and then..... F*** !
        So now with the explanation of opposite of the weak-willed i am able to glean a new perspective! Thanks!

This is a densely packed sardine can of rhymes, lying breast to breast, dunghole to dunghole, and gill to gill, utilizing double negatives to urge a positive outlook. Quite the clever compaction of upside down admonitions, grant!

Comment

• Suz-zen
        Suz-zen commented
        Editing a comment
        Has grant come to the ZEN-side? in ZEN mind: existence is inherently paradoxical....I read recently something that tickled me... i paraphrase:
        When I say the direct opposite of any statement is equally true, and someone replies 'Oh no it isnt!', I laugh and agree, because nothing is absolute.

• John Wertz
        John Wertz commented
        Editing a comment
        Quite a packed-in-olive-oil image, MHenry.

...lest it be said that I am all gloom and doom Thank you, sir, I am glad you dig the gist of the whereabouts!

Comment

Why Grant - is this RHYME I see? And not just any rhyme - but rather of a rollicking sort? I love it. It is a masterpiece of motivation! Incidentally, is 'begherk' a neologism? I can't find it in any dictionary and searching online only turns up your POEM! You have become a dictionary unto yourself!

Comment

Sadly, I can't claim to have coined begherk, Rhymist; it's a word I recall from childhood, and I am sure I've seen it written somewhere. It makes me think of the kind of preposterous shock expressed in a chicken's squawk.

Thank you for liking my sometime rhyme ☺

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
            RhymeLovingWriter commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually, now that you mention it, I can hear it!

This rhyme requires contemplation.

Love the double meaning here, toying with diction. Fun read!

Comment

Thank you, Dwayne. Fun and contemplation are an agreeable mix, I think.

Comment

Grant I like your playful side but in grant-like style - you play with our minds and intrigue us -- love this.

Comment

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you, Alexandra! It's not always minor chords I play.

Nice one Grant! I had to reread and oh, how I wish to unsign those check! lol

Comment

• grant hayes
                grant hayes commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you for re-reading, imrogue. I am gruntled about that!

A call for optimism that a pessimist can understand; quite an amazing feat you have accomplished!

Comment

Optimism for pessimists: I like that, Katray. Thank you!

Comment

A call to optimism, yes, but more a memorable call to action. Terrific!

Comment

Working...
                  X