Hell may be here
    In total insanity

Our love is muted
    Today's hate is rooted
    Our compassion's booted
    And earth is polluted

If Hell is not already here
    There is not much left to fear

Hi, Rach79, You have adeptly expressed similar sentiments in a more modern and civilized version of my attempt, which is considerably darker, brooding, and perhaps a bit savage! Your closing lines are very clever! They suggest it couldn't get much worse, but it does leave the door open for even more Hell on Earth!
    Last edited by MHenry; 05-05-2016, 05:35 PM.

Comment

True indeed! Thanks for the inspiration of a poem! 😉

Comment

I love your commitment to things that matterRach. I've known you for two years here and your heart is always in the right place. Beautiful write Rach!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Poet friends till the end! Thanks again 😄

nice poem with a lot of passion!

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you for reading

I haven't read MHenry's yet, but this is a dark enough. This depresses me, which if it was your intent you've done it well. :-)

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol, was not my intent! And to be honest I usually try and not look at the world this way but, sometimes mean people bring it out in you.

• Muttado1sb
          Muttado1sb commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah. Mean People. There's a topic that can fill books. Well, venting with verse is way better than arguing with them, and your poem is very expressive.

Thank you again

Comment

Rach, remember, you earned the master title because your priorities are in the right place. It'seasy to see my friend.

Comment

Well expressed Rach79 - and here comes the Pollyanna in me - because I see (and look for) the good and great every day. Maybe we should celebrate THAT in verse? Or am I sing-songy enough already?

Comment

Guest commented
              Editing a comment
              I totally agree with you. I was inspired to write that from MH and inspiration comes on a whim mostly. I love to write about seeing the good in all things and usually try and twist that way. I almost did with this one but, it's not what I was wanting to write. Plus I'm sure like everyone else it takes in a mind of its own, lol

Whatever prompted you, I'm glad it did. This, although a bit dark, reminds me that we must be cognizant of our actions not only to others but to Mother Earth as well....

Comment

sometimes I wonder what's the sense in exploring mars. Perhaps hell as already consumed it, yet we shouldn't have to look that far. Seems the more we learn the less we know. I know this though, I always enjoy your insight.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                RhymeLovingWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                The more we learn, the less we know...sounds like a poem in that!

In search of Heaven
              Only time will tell
              With all my brethren
              I traveled through Hell

I love your poem and I wanted to speak poetically.....thanksfor sharing

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Love that "with all my Brethren I traveled through hell" thanks for reading!

Hi Rach, The rhyme scheme change up in 3rd stanza is very effective. An downer, angry poem now and then -- no problem since in the end we know we have no choice but to laugh at this stuff.

Comment

Guest commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you John and that is very true
            Working...
            X