On tender foot she traipsed with glee through soft and dewy clover
    Above the edges of the sea beyond the cliffs of Dover
    Fresh warming wind encouraged on, as hedge-rimmed park invited
    Sweet summer sun to set upon two lovers reunited
    Spent care-free day to walk in haze - conversing under willow
    He played her love in hopeful quest of whispers – on a pillow
    Of flirts he flung, she notice took – they rent her heart a-swoon
    At summer’s end she acquiesced beneath a paper moon
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 09-13-2016, 08:27 PM.

This is wonderful prose no matter what the word count! I'm deeply intrigued as to the structure of this. Could you elaborate on how it's set, and how the ten are chosen?

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      The words that are bolded are the ones given for the challenge.

• Sumyanna
      Sumyanna commented
      Editing a comment
      I have decided to post the prompt here in case anyone wants to do it. You can find it here:

https://forum.rhymezone.com/forum/sh...-word-prompt-1

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Samuel for the follow-up on that. I meant to look it up right away and then got on to other rhyming. It wouldn't hurt to learn the terminology of the craft if I plan to pursue it!

It's wonderful. At summers end she acquiesced beneath a paper moon -- love that line. You should be proud because you more than met the challenge.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you AtL! It does make you think a bit when you're trying to fit specific words into some semblance of verse.

Truly a beautiful write. I love the lilting quality of the words. I do not always write in rhyme - but I appreciate when it is done well. Love this one immensely.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much Sumyanna. I'll be looking for more prompts if you care to post them!

A beautiful, lyrical poem, meeting the challenge head-on and conquering it with a view from the cliffs of Dover, no less. The first two lines enchant, the third to last, and the last, my four favorite lines in a poem filled with wonderful images. Very nicely done RLW!

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      Editing a comment
      Thank you MHenry. Compared to the villanelle I'm trying to manufacture - this was a piece of cake. I think the other is going to take a good bit of time...and effort. This one is what I call a 'pretty poem' because it makes me feel good to read it over - and brings a little smile at the end.
Working...
X