Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumplings - Tanka or Not? That is the Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumplings - Tanka or Not? That is the Question!

Fried Dumplings

THE hungry wolves howled
    silhouetted by dour moon
    scaring the children
    who ran, laughing hyenas
    to my hut for fried dumplings
    Last edited by MHenry; 05-04-2016, 11:42 PM.

I don't know if it's tanka, but it sings and intrigues and delights, MHenry.

Comment

Thank you, grant. I am intrigued by this ancient form of poem, and hope to write more of these as inspiration permits.

Comment

Glad I'm reading this after 'Hell on Earth'. I'll sleep better (even with a wolf at the door).

Comment

• MHenry
          MHenry commented
          Editing a comment
          Cuddle up to your big, strong man, and he won't let the wolf get away with any huffing and puffing!

Yes, a tanka indeed; enjoyed the playful nature of your creation, MHenry. And the fried dumplings too! Reading deeper, the themes of hunger and plentitude for the vulnerable intersect and match up perfectly in the strong imagery of the moon. Well done; onward to more and soon you'll have a book's worth! I'm putting the finishing touches (or trying to) on my first boomerang, finding that form to be more challenging than I thought. But it's all great fun!

Comment

• MHenry
          MHenry commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Katray! I am sure the Boomerang will be well suited to you, as it is merely another way to express your enchanting thoughts and beautiful words.

This is a tanka poem. 5-7-5-7-7 and there is nature and emotions throughout this beautifully painted piece.

Comment

• MHenry
          MHenry commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you O-b!

I read every line with toothsome pleasure!!
        i love this one MHenry

Comment

• MHenry
          MHenry commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, Suz-zen!
      Working...
      X