Waltzing through a Raging Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waltzing through a Raging Fire

This is one of my poems picked to be published in a book about abuse. Hope you like it.

Waltzing through a raging Fire

Loving you was like waltzing through a raging fire
    I didn't know the cost to myself in the end that it would require
    The heat of passion, the sparks and flames
    Would turn into desperate hatred and then would begin the game of blame

You would have thought that by now this time I'd learn
    that playing in fire will get you burned
    Instead I found myself moving in slow motion
    Unaware of my life in danger and loss of romantic notions

My life was normal with pure insanity
    I dismissed the signs as just being part of humanity
    I wanted to believe the words of love you spoke
    Empty words that didn't coincide with all The vows you broke

And now the hardest part is just to breathe
    To accept that behind your smile hatred seethed
    Every day is painful just to get myself out of bed
    The uncertainties of life and what lies ahead

How can the body without permission choose to live
    Merely existing with nothing left to give
    When the person inside has already died
    And burning screams of pain with lonely embers of silence collide

Those are hard lessons to have to learn
    That dancing in the fire will get you burned
    So much in love you can't see yourself dying in slow motion
    Missing all the warnings and dealing with the fallout of all the raw emotions

By Alexandra the [email protected]
    Last edited by AlexandratheLate; 05-02-2016, 08:26 PM.

It is an amazing gift that your words will be able to help others. I'm so sorry that you or anyone ever has to be subjected to this. But I am thankful that you are strong enough to turn it to something better and share through the healing. Thank you, for your bravery, and care for others. You are quite a lady Alexandra!

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
      AlexandratheLate commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you very much RLW. I wrote this about 3 years ago and through many tears but I'm on the mend and have been asked by some therapists I work with to write a book on abuse, the impact on children and cycles and how to break them. It's an honor for me and a purging and turning something negative into a positive. I'll also be doing the illustrations -- my paintings -- to go in the book. It's taking longer than I thought but hopefully soon. Thank you very much. :-)

Thank you for the like RLW. :-)

Comment

'Waltzing Through a Raging Fire' ... love it! The poem is amazing! powerful emotions all over it! So sorry for what you've went through...
      Last edited by imrogue; 05-02-2016, 08:39 PM.

Comment

Thank you very much imrogue. It's been almost 4 years so I'm doing good. But sometimes when I have to revisit the past to write these types of poems, it's very emotional. Glad you liked it.

Comment

The title says it all, AG. This a powerful, emotion-packed warning to others to beware the false flames of passion.

Comment

That's true MH - this is what it's like being married to a narcissist. They'll wine and dine you, call you their soul mate, you're the greatest thing on earth - but it's a personal agenda -- so bottom line is if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.

Comment

• grant hayes
              grant hayes commented
              Editing a comment
              Sorry to know you were burned so, Alexandra. Bless your endurance and emergence!

Sorry you had to go through this Alexandra. A compelling write that will ignite and inspire change and awareness. I hope you continue to heal through your writing. You are now a force to be reckoned with. Stay strong as you have and share your story to the benefit of others.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
              Editing a comment
              Thank you Bobby. I fell in love with an illusion. But have been divorced going on 4 years and I am one of the fortunate ones. A lot of women in my shoes pay with their lives because they can't reconcile they love a monster. But that love will die - hopefully the person doesn't.

Thank you very much Grant. Unfortunately there's a lot of people in my former situation and statistically speaking, the majority are women and children. Narcissists are the greatest chameleons and will make you think you're the problem. Hopefully this will speak to the victims.

Comment

I have heard of there being a fine line between love and hate, but you show the fine line of love and control by abuse.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                Editing a comment
                You're exactly right Bwreck! Their control is subtle until you start standing up and then violence ensues.

That anyone need go through this fire, is a crying shame, but you have given eloquent voice to those flames that singe when few others can see!

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much Dwayne for reading and your heartfelt comment.

This is a well written passion driven heartwrenching ode to the victims of abuse, those who suffer in silence. Congrats on the pick. Well deserving.

Comment

• AlexandratheLate
                Editing a comment
                Thank you very much my friend. I appreciate you reading and commenting.

Thank you for the like Odonko- ba.

Comment

Thank you imrogue for the like.

Comment

Thank you Sumyanna.

Comment

Working...
                  X