And the Sun and Rainbow
    Segregationist?

For how many times
    have I
    Searched for a rainbow

Only to find despair.

• Odonko-ba
    replied
    Thank you RLW. Yes, it is cruel, but the realities in which we live. The world was created from violence and chaos but it is love that will save the day. Love that will bring a semblance of sanity to the insane.

Leave a comment:

• Odonko-ba
    commented on 's reply
    All life is beautiful. But when it comes to the people being herded into the prison for profit pipeline, at an extremely alarming rate, our government doesn't think so. A Beautiful Darkness reflects the incarcerated, and dreams loss. but even so there is hope, there is always hope.

• Odonko-ba
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you my friend.

• Odonko-ba
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you, my friend. I just wanted to bring attention to the ever encroaching plight of young black males. Missed opportunities and dashed dreams.
    Where hope is hopeless. And death is perceived as a means. But the sun shines bright on a new day. There is strength in suffering. We will endure. It is a must, for the sake of society.

• Odonko-ba
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you my friend.

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    When I read this (and re-read it - several times), I'm left again with the feeling that I've led a very sheltered life. Not that I don't interact or am unaware of evils in the world. It is in my nature to empathize. I don't want to do surfaced, gratuitous relationship and yet when I read your words it seems that is mostly all I ever accomplish. Yet the God in whom I believe created the rainbow - and all colors of all peoples - as beautiful - to share and enhance all else that comes from His hand. How do I, in my own life, curb any abuse of that gift?
    It's fair to say you have my gray matter rumbling with this one Odonka-ba. Thank you.

Also - after living in Hawaii for four years, I came to look for rainbows almost every night - and they bring joy. It seems cruel that it shouldn't be that way for everyone - at all times.
    Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 05-03-2016, 09:08 AM. Reason: Added afterthought.

Leave a comment:

• Brainwreck
    replied
    This seems very dark to me. I don't know how you put Beautiful in the title and hope in the tag.
    You are over my pea brain again. It does sound beautiful read out loud. But, it is so dark.

Leave a comment:

• AlexandratheLate
    replied
    Graydon and Grant say it so eloquently. It stirs a deep sadness in me, like a cold damp day with little chance of the sun shining. Beautifully said!!

Leave a comment:

• grant hayes
    replied
    As ever, Odonko-ba, you state your case with stark eloquence.
    'Locked down and locked out of America': that rang my heart like a bell.

Leave a comment:

• graydon archer
    replied
    Equivalent to expounding my perspectives of pregnancy to a woman, would be my attempt at describing the burden of racism, nor would I be so pretentious. I will however say that this is a deeply meaningful write, and evokes in me, an emotional sadness. Well done my poet friend....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X