Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beautiful Places There (here, the underbelly of a front runner)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Places There (here, the underbelly of a front runner)

Rich man's name constructs
    golf resorts in Gulf, beauty
    money needs slave camps

Investment surface
    trumps human rights, men subsist
    barely strong enough

Running for Highest
    mouth-piece, he barely fits, wins
    on No-slave promise

(I have zilch party affiliation or bias. Unfortunately, I feel my choices for electing officials have always been very deficient; a huge, endless blight on our American system - where be true democracy - ever? - I have Native American ancestry, friends and very distant relatives who live on reservations. I don't hold a lot of admiration for the founding fathers. I have Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" and feel it is a much truer version of our history. I do possess a political voice that speaks through my writing efforts now and then.)

A Trump hotel in Dubai has found itself in the spotlight over a video which shows migrant workers living in horrific living conditions.
    Last edited by Katray; 04-27-2016, 08:44 AM.

Perfect, as always Katray, And very very correct, amen,, I once was walking with an older man in Chicago that I greatly admired when I was young. We came upon some man in the street pushing a candidate for office.. The campaigning man asked for our vote. The man I was walking with told him "Sorry, I do not vote" The man handing out his voting paraphernalia said "You don't vote?" My friend said "No sir I do not vote", Then my friend said "Why do you vote sir?" The campaign man said,, "Why to pick the lessor of two evils, of course" My friend simply answered,, "Why pick any evil at all?" Needless to say that ended the conversation.. The very fact that the campaigning man chooses "to pick the lessor of two evils" suggests to me that either way you vote, "you are picking some manner of evil" These campaign people it seems, do not even really believe in the ones that they support for office (in my humble opinion). After all is said and done, each one promises to make things better,, I ask you,, When is the last time you remember that promise kept?

Comment

Excellent comment, Robert! In my early voting days, I too was guilty of the lesser-of-two-evils decision but realized, as you say so very well and eloquently, that evil is evil any way you look at it. And a resounding Never! to your question. Thank you!

Comment

• Robert Wendt
        Robert Wendt commented
        Editing a comment
        There is another famous quote that applies here as follows; "Without followers, evil can not spread" Quess who?

I love that book! I love his perspective on history...and yours!

Comment

Great poem and great article Katray! Thanks for the link - informative!

Comment

I too often find politicians make promises as if they live in a kingdom of their own making, when in fact, they function within a system. A system designed, and in many ways manipulated, to make achieving what they pledge to accomplish, difficult, if not, impossible.

Comment

Three candescent haiku; nine lines of controlled ire. My favourite is the third.

Comment

Here here, This just lends to the fact that 'Government intelligence' is an oxy moron, a contradiction in terms

Comment

I could not agree more. Wonderful poem.

Comment

Hi, Katray,

I missed this haiku string of indignation. I am pleased to see another side of you, even though the other side is so alluring! No civilization has more right to indignation than the American Indian. Well crafted statement!
                  Last edited by MHenry; 05-05-2016, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Your word choices are perfect. "Beauty money needs slave camps" is probably my favorite. It so thoroughly sums up American mass culture.

Comment

I think we are all tired of the status quo. This is well stated.

Comment

Working...
                      X