Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dungball

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-20-2017, 08:09 PM.

Well, this sounds hopeless...if I'm understanding it at all. Am I even close?

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      OK, that helps (although I had to go look up apokatastasis). Well, now it's kind of cool. Still deep, but cool. Thanks for taking time to add more insight.

• grant hayes
      grant hayes commented
      Editing a comment
      I do have a really hopeless one that rhymes, but it's too much of a unrelieved downer to post. And I wouldn't want folk to think I actually thought that way; at least, not all the time.

• RhymeLovingWriter
      RhymeLovingWriter commented
      Editing a comment
      Just put a disclaimer and post away. I write some stuff that isn't necessarily what I think, at least, not all the time.

I hope I have summed up and not dumbed down, Samuel. I suspect I may have committed the latter: a pitfall into which my rhyme often trips.

Comment

Nicely done Grant.....

Comment

Why thank you, Poemahontas

Comment

Interesting food for thought. I think I am seeing an edited version. No matter, grant, your work, rich with possibility and uniquely creative, shearing words into delicious souffles, compels reading and re-reading for ever expanding enjoyment.

Comment

• Odonko-ba
            Odonko-ba commented
            Editing a comment
            Ditto! A dictionary, a cup of joe, and a grant hayes poem. And I'm ready for an intellectual journey.

• grant hayes
            grant hayes commented
            Editing a comment
            That is probably one of the nicest things anyone has said about my writings, Odonko-ba. The idea that someone on the other side of the world would enjoy reading my stuff with his dictionary and cuppa at hand just warms my heart. The internet is a blessed and blessing devil indeed.

I'm glad you find it so, MHenry. This is an ornately wrought little thing, high on concept, but not much in the way of heart. I offer it mainly to join in with the rhymers, like an elephant joining leaping gazelles.

Comment

• MHenry
            MHenry commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, I would not call this poem a heap of elephant dung, in any event.

I like it; rhymes quite nicely! I do that too, fall into rhyme schemes mainly for the sake of rhyming..

Comment

I wish I could fall into rhyme more easily, Katray, and make of it something better than the bagatelles to which I am prone. Thank you for reading.

Comment

Well done as always, an intellectual delight. Hope is all we humans possess. Without, we're nothing more than base animals. Am I to far off?

Comment

Not at all, Odonko-ba. It is a hopeful piece, seeing that there is a kind of transcendent turn even in apparent unbelief.

Comment

I actually find lots of hope in this poem -- at least a "glimmer of undespond" The contradiction of the self and the anti-self, as Yeats: "EGO DOMINUS TUUS" --especially in "even disdivine achieving Is a species of believing" Very cool!

Comment

A man who can bring Yeats so cogently into the conversation I can only salute! Thank you for picking up on my undespond and disdivine, John. You geddit!

Comment

Working...
                    X