Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blam!

Deleted
    Last edited by grant hayes; 12-20-2017, 09:11 PM.

Amazing how this goes from loud/tense/immediate to rueful/nostalgic to daringly reflective. Master of verse - kudos - and thank you!

Comment

Thank you, folks. It's pretty basic, in terms of meter, but scans (I think, I hope). I am pleased you both think something of it, poets.

Comment

As with everything you write, grant, the reader can only sigh, sitting enthralled at the edge of his/her seat, hanging on every pungent word as it becomes a lyrical phrase, pregnant with meaning and profundity, and finally ends in sweet surprise with a magician's flourish, in some wonderful and satisfying place we have never been and do not want to leave.

Comment

• grant hayes
          grant hayes commented
          Editing a comment
          MHenry, that is too too kind. I am very pleased that you are transported thus; it makes me feel I have done a little good in the world. You are a tower of encouragement to all at the 'Zone, and a great exemplar in your own poetic contribution. Many thanks. I salute!

• Odonko-ba
          Odonko-ba commented
          Editing a comment
          ...And upon departure we leave profoundly, learned.

BLAM! Is right!
        This is a melodic punch to the brain!
        I love it!

Comment

Thank you, Dwayne. I hold your good opinion in high esteem.

Comment

I really live how this sounds when read aloud' great poem, Grant and very timely - Blam! indeed..

Comment

Make that love instead of "live" - silly keyboard..

Comment

The sound is always top priority with me, Katray. Thank you for recognising that aspect of the piece.

Comment

I agree with what everyone has said. This is signature grant hayes. Always amazing.

Comment

Many thanks to you, O poet of candescent ardour.

Comment

Working...
                    X