know her

or him
    or them
    or it...

so...
    she writes...
    as much
    as she can...

Dementia. Writing is a good idea. Interesting piece imrogue.

Comment

Thank you! Inspired by the movie "Still Alice" I watched and me in the making...

Comment

Oh my gosh, you wrote about me. You only misspelled one word. It should be jarbled. That was from an older poem. Other than that, It is me.
        Also, when word salad doesn't fit, I am and use scrambled.

Comment

• imrogue
          imrogue commented
          Editing a comment
          Brain, thanks for reading and commenting... I actually meant garbled (confused) ...but jarbled could be fitting as well... did you see how i misspelled scrambled and put ss-stut- tering for the effect of actual problem at hand?

• Brainwreck
          Brainwreck commented
          Editing a comment
          No, I missed it. but I love it. scrabmled. It sounds like a word that would fall out of my mouth. I wrote a poem and out popped jarbled. a made up word, is one that fell out of my mouth. Not a real word.

Aww, now this piece resonates with me. As a speech-language pathologist, I've worked extensively with patients in the early stages of dementia, and their families. Eventually, the sadness became too difficult, so I switched to working in school about 10 years ago. (Still work a lot with word-retrieval issues, and stuttering... just with children now.) This is a compelling workโ€”thank you for sharing.
        pf

Comment

• imrogue
          imrogue commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you so much pf! I am fascinated by the type of work that you did and do now. You must have a lot of patience and so knowledgeable to do this complex job. I salute you for that! Thanks for making a difference to people's lives! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ˜Š

• pipersfancy
          pipersfancy commented
          Editing a comment
          You're very kind to say! I consider myself blessed to have found work that is challenging, and rewarding. I really enjoy what I do!
      Working...
      X