• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awkward silence (haiku)

Did I hear something?
    Shhh! No. It’s just the sound of
    nothing between us.

I can relate to this haiku because as I read this I'm experiencing it. We never talk. And I like it that way. Nice haiku.

Comment

Thanks Odonko-ba, Glad it 'spoke' to you.

Comment

Thanks for your like Grant!

Comment

• grant hayes
          grant hayes commented
          Editing a comment
          Sshhhhhhh!

I liked this bunches. Wonder why I smiled all the way through?

Comment

Wonderful haiku! I'm working to learn this form and I love this - from title to finish!

Comment

This is the truth of too many couples. What they need is a good swift kick. Life is too short for the silent treatment. When my first wife did that to me, I would ask what was the matter. She would say, "if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you." This is a great haiku. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

• Brainwreck
              Brainwreck commented
              Editing a comment
              I smiled when reading this. Not sure why. But I do know that when a female starts that game, You, a male, have no chance
              of winning. It will torture you. That game is won the right there at the comma, before she ever finished the thought out loud.
              Not sure why or where that stupid game started, but I have heard it numerous times. And I have never been married.
              Maybe it gives women power to make men suffer? Gee, you got me thinking now. All you can do is say I am sorry,
              and not another word and turn a walk away. She wants you to know. It is crazy. Women have the 6th sense and know men
              don't have it. (usually). Hmm, walking away will probably make her madder and maybe then she will spill the words.
              This is a funny that is not funny. Don't take any advice from Brain Wreck, she is crazy. Nan

Thanks everyone! Glad you like.

Comment

Well done 1sided. I like it. Very creative

Comment

Working...
              X