No announcement yet.

Rhymezone's Kentucky Derby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

imrogue not even in the same vein. If you read other poets comments and discussion, everyone gets it but the overshsharer. He has been told almost over a year already. Other friend poets have left because of him. And his response? Put another poem in the queue mocking all who are offended by his lack of care. Unlike you, will not cease to dominate the queue and will do it with utter disdain. Sad and disappointing for new and old friend poets here.

Comment

Holy cow - back to the top of the queue - just because.

Comment

I think this is a good morning to post.

Comment

Yes sir - thanks for the reminder about spacing out our works. That's happening for me naturally these days. Maybe I've hit my poetic stride? Of course, I have a lot more unfinished, 'in-the-works' poems on my drawing board these days. The initial excitement of writing and posting has tempered itself. To other poets - if this was your first place to post poetry, did that happen to you too?

I think it's a both/and again (sounding like a broken record, but many situations in life strike me as being handled best that way). If someone is new, they may have a lot of works 'saved up' or be creating poetry at a pace much more quickly than those who deliberate over each word.

This may also happen at different seasons of our lives, or we may only have access to a computer once in a while and feel a need to post everything at once.

I reread all of the comments and liked imrogue's suggestion of subscribing to the individual poet's subscriptions to see if they have anything new posted (although I mostly follow the queue - it's a good suggestion).

Comment

very nice great job

Comment

brailing deep message in your poetry expressed by going round the track. really enjoyed this poetry and something so different and pleasurable to read.

Comment

Davidwilsins , thank you. If you look at today’s queue not much has changed. 😰

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                  RhymeLovingWriter commented
                  Editing a comment
                  There may be extenuating circumstances for some folks these days Bobby (i.e. only occasional availability of computer, general health concerns). Perhaps there were even back then and none of us thought to ask. I still like this poem - so am sending it back up to the top - because you wrote it.

poemzone thank you for the acknowledgment and for getting the deeper message. It’s all about spacing out our poems and giving new poets here a shot at the top of the queue. 3, 5 and 7 poems in a row pushes the other poets work down the queue and into obscurity. I had the best intentions when I wrote it and hope all will see it that way.

Comment

Glad to see this come up again. I really like scrolling through the names and comments - it makes me think of all the great people and poets I've interacted with since I found the zone! Thanks Bobby!

Comment

I’m so glad this came up again Bobby

Comment

Alexandra, unfortunately it is a necessary reminder that has not been heeded. All of us have new poems we have written that were just pushed down the queue due to serial posters. It does drive me away. My enthusiasm for this site is on life support

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                        RhymeLovingWriter commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So sorry to hear that Bobby . I understand the feelings, but am hoping to see your wonderful work for years to come. I'm hoping to be back in a "regular way" fairly soon and hope you'll be around. The zone would be poorer for your loss.

Paula, at the top of the queue were poems from 2new members and myself, that were pushed down the queue by a poet who posted 6 poems in a row. I have been staying away for quite a while. I finally give it one more try and this veteran Zone poet, who should know better, floods the zone with 6 in a row. I ask myself, why am I bothering. Right now there are much hetter places to be.

Comment

Working...
                      X