Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many different rhyme sounds are there?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many different rhyme sounds are there?

how many rhyme sounds are there in English? Is there anything like rhymezone for other languages?

The answer is the same to this question. What is the minimum number of words you can search for rhymes to see every word?

Comment

Good question. Do you know the answer?

Comment

I think it is 39 if you do not count the words that have no rhymes.
        Last edited by LayerLapse; 01-03-2015, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Sound

Sound brings attention to both individual words that are drawn together through their sound as well as to the overall “feeling” or experience. For example, repetition of sounds like “s,” “m,” “l,” and “f” might encourage a soft or sensuous feeling
          Types of Rhyme
          • Perfect Rhyme: The words are in complete aural correspondence. An example would be: Certain and Curtain.
          • Forced Rhyme: An unnatural rhyme that forces a rhyme where it should not otherwise be.
          • Slant Rhyme: The words are similar but lack perfect correspondence. Example: found and kind, grime and game.
          • Masculine Rhyme: Has a single stressed syllable rhyme. Example: fight and tight, stove and trove.
          • Feminine Rhyme: A stressed syllable rhyme followed by an unstressed syllable. Example: carrot and garret, sever and never.
          • Visual Rhyme: A rhyme that only looks similar, but when spoken sound different. Example: slaughter and laughter. This type of rhyme can be used more to make a visual pattern than to make a aural rhyme
          Last edited by Joe Bobbo; 01-19-2016, 12:43 AM.

Comment

You've already been a good motivation during my expert existence as well as I am certain I'm not really alone. I'd already been the battling author for some time till We began getting your own ideas critically. I'm right now the author from http://awriter.org/ and happy about it. .
            The permanent clients of Awriter know how to become successful. Find custom essay writers provides or effective assistance! Find the best right now!

Comment

Actually its too hard question.I believe that anyone cant answer your question.Try another field for your question.
              Regards
              Nei
              Are you caring for people with dementia?Are you trying to get treatment for Dementia? Nadine Jans have extensive experience in Dementia Care & Treatment.

Comment

sophiajohn

Thanks for the highly educational words that you have
                Ledgered. Most informative.

Very well done.

Comment

What kind of rhyme would Home, and Alone be?
                  ===========
                  For example:
                  He sighed as he arrive home
                  A place so empty, and him alone
                  ===========
                  Would be useful for future rhyme schemes.

Comment

I don't know how is the different of rhyme sound in fact i did not hear about this rhyme sound system.
                    Regards
                    http://classyhammocks.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X