Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does a spelling mistake ruin an entire poem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does a spelling mistake ruin an entire poem?

Hello there I'm John,

Perhaps this type of question is uncommon but I would like to inform that I made a spelling mistake in a poem through overconfidence in my spelling capabilities. I didn't do a spelling check and I never did one before. This poem was an assignment. But it seems that in the entire poem there is only one spelling mistake and it's that I wrote fullfillment and not fulfillment because I wrote as I thought it was spoken. One "l" too much. Im wondering with much unease, is my poem now not to be taken seriously anymore?

If it's just one spelling mistake, then it shouldn't put a major impact to your work, especially if it's for a word that is commonly misspelled (and even I get that word wrong, so it's natural). If it was littered with mistakes plus fragmented grammer then that's a different story. Don't ever put yourself down just because of one little mistake, seriously. Even I learned this myself.

Comment

Writers should be cautious about spelling mistakes while writing essays. A single spelling mistake can have a huge impact on one’s writing. Before submitting any paper, it’s important to proof-read content thoroughly for any error. For UK essay services go online.

Comment

This is a very important job for writers and in every cost, they have to deliver it in a professional way. They have to be careful from the beginning of the task. Responsibility for cheap essay websites that keep in mind to check out every mistakes and plagiarism free content before submitting it to the students. Go deep to find best and suitable material resources by the help of it all the requirements and need of assignment will be fulfilled.

Comment

Don't worry about it. A single mistake isn't gonna ruin the whole thing. Most people won't even notice it. Just keep writing more and more. That's the most important part.

https://www.concretepeoria.com

Comment

Spelling and grammar correction is very important today. The poems generally open the mind of the author. The author tries to express his feelings and reaction through poetry.so the content in the poem should be correct otherwise it makes a negative impact on the readers. So such poems are avoided from the market. Alleppey boat house packages are the first poem I wrote. At that time I also faced a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes. But finally, I corrected all through my experience.so don't worry, work hard then achieve your goal.

Comment

The correct use of grammar is slightly different to correct spelling, I do believe it is important but as in all branches of creative thought, the breaking of the "rules" should be allowed BUT on the proviso that they are being broken deliberately. The writer / artist / musician must know the rules and how to apply them in order to break them to make a special point. Simply not bothering with rules of grammar is nothing short of lazy. example. if you have an address change, any single mistake you write with it would make some confusion.

Comment

Looking up the correct spelling of a word is as easy as using an online dictionary; looking up proper grammar, however, ddos mitigation appliances can be more difficult. Most of us do not remember the finer points of grammar that we learned in the sixth grade, such as gerunds and dangling modifiers.

Comment

Working...
                X