• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    Hi Kenda! I usually hang out on the forum for sharing lyrics and poems, but am doing some looking around at other forums today and just wanted to say hello!
  • RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    I've already been enjoying your poetry, but saw your post here and decided to stop and say hello! Hope all is well!
  • RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    Welcome Lakenya! I hang out mostly in the main forum for sharing poetry and lyrics, but occasionally wander around to other forums. Hope you are well and welcome to the zone.
  • RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work acrousticrhymefan! Welcome to the zone.
  • RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    Yes smileplzz333 - welcome to the zone. I haven't been here for more than a few months myself but am having a fine time of it!
  • acrousticrhymefan

• acrousticrhymefan
    replied
    Hello all. I am very excited to be here. at the moment I am creating a bit too many poems (I am tryting to write my own poetry book in one of those fancy decorated books which is taking longer than I thought. My poems are always acroustic (hence my username) and I try to rhyme every line. I find poetry fascinating even though I am not very good at writing poetry. To add to this I had finished making about a year ago a puzzle maze for people to enjoy as well. I look forward to reading everyone else's poems, riddles etc. too. I also believe my poetry has saved me from several detentions in the past. kind regards

Leave a comment:

• Lakenya Seitz

• Lakenya Seitz
    replied
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to read what you have written.

Leave a comment:

• imrogue
    Master in Training

• imrogue
    commented on 's reply
    welcome to the forum! 💐😊
  • smileplzz333

• smileplzz333
    replied
    Hi all,

I am new to this forum and will appreciate the support from the existing and senior member of the forum.

thanks
    smile plzz

Leave a comment:

• PoetryBree

• PoetryBree
    replied
    Hi! I am Bree, I joined after finding out about this years poetry contest. Umm. I am 13 years old. Um... I enjoy learning new things and finding new hobbies such as: playing piano, doing sign language, singing, baking, and writing poetry! I started writing poetry when I was about eight, and since then have learned to pour my heart into poetry. I like to write about weird happenings in life(such as neighbors screaming on the roof!). I love reading other poets work and I hope to get to know everyone Nd read all of your work!

Leave a comment:

• Kenda Froelich

• Kenda Froelich
    replied
    Hello, guys! I'm Kenda i just joined and having a great time here. I hope we can share interesting ideas as we get along in this forum. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• imrogue
    Master in Training

• imrogue
    replied
    Hello, Everyone! I started using rhymezone a little bit less than a year now... and am glad I stumbled upon this site! I started writing poems last 2/21/2015. I mainly use this site for rhymes. Then, few days ago, I noticed the poem contest and realized that there are existing forums here! So, I opened an account and now here I am... Learning to navigate the site. I posted some of my poems and enjoyed reading a few...i will be reading more!

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    Administrator

• RhymeLovingWriter
    commented on 's reply
    Tigerman - I'm not yet 77, but on my way, and loved the part about "doing what I want and not worrying too much what others think".
  • Tashi

• Tashi
    replied
    Hi

I know I've submitted something in the Community Poetry contest before introducing myself but it shouldn't be too late right?

You can call me Tashi and I use this site often for rhyming words for songwriting when I saw the contest and thought I might as well have a go. As I've mentioned before, I normally write song lyrics but I want to learn about different writing techniques to come up with great prose as well as poems.

Leave a comment:

• Billie Burd

• Billie Burd
    replied
    Hi...

Billie Burd is a light hearted way of writing my true name.

Billy Burd.

I'm in Melbourne Australia.
    Contrary to what others may think, Melbourne is a pretty big city of around 4.5 Million & kangaroos don't inhabit our city or suburbs.

We don't have Kangaroos, Koalas or wombats riding around on our public transport systems.

Well...
    I guess those whom know me would say?

HANDS DOWN WITHOUT EVEN A MILLISECONDS THOUGHT THAT IVE HAD A HARD LIFE...

Survivors of concentration camps from Nazi Germany have explained why my life has been harder than theirs.

I belonged to a family of 5.
    Mum
    Dad
    Elder Brother
    Myself
    Younger Brother.

But by the time I was 28 they were all dead, EXCEPT FOR MY DAD.

BETWEEN January 1991 & January 1994 I'd lost my younger brother whom was 21.

Then my mum whom was 49.

Then my Elder brother whom was 32.

And I attended his funeral in hand cuffs on Remand whilst awaiting sentencing for crimes relating to:
    Money
    Guns
    & Drugs.

I was 26 when I was sentenced to 6yrs in maximum security prison.

Whilst in prison 3 guys tried to kill me for my sneakers.

I was stabbed in the back, without any warning. Yet I fought back. And with G-D's help I overcame my attackers.

I received an additional 2yrs for manslaughter due to my frantic life threatening retaliation.

So all in all. I did 8 straight years, mostly in maximum security.

I came from a middle to upper class background.

My dad was a highly decorated war hero of WWII & then immediately after WWII he went to fight in the Middle East.

He was a highly decorated professional soldier.
    He came to Australia in Early 50's, married my mum in late 50's & had 3 boys.

He remained married to my mum for 18yrs.

BUT...?

When he drank alcohol, things got very, very out of hand ( SHALL WE SAY ).

This happened regularly & acute violence was what I grew up with...

Prison was NOTHING COMPARED TO THE 1st 16yrs of my life at home.

So my 2 brothers & myself found relief in drugs, etc etc.

I think that the way the law & society punishes drug users / abusers INFINITELY MAKES THE PROBLEM FOR ADDICTS FAR WORSE THAN THE DRUGS THEMSELVES.

England has had Heroin in prescription for addicts for OVER 20yrs already.

PEOPLE JUST DONT KNOW IT.

Indeed at least a dozen western countries including Canada, now have Heroin on prescription as part of a therapy program.

These HIGHLY SUCCESSFUL PROGRAMS have reduced death by overdose, as well as community crime & even a reduction of illicit sales of Heroin within the community.

Indeed UNDER STRICT SUPERVISION, supplying Heroin to addicts unable to kick their habits is statistically & factually reducing death, crime & exposure of Heroin to innocent members of the community.

The war on drugs is LOST.

EDUCATION REGARDING PREVENTION, & controlling illicit substances will & ARE making the community a safer place.

In regards to communities where Heroin is available UNDER STRICT SUPERVISION!

Anyway....

I have a degree in INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY.
    As well as small business management.

I have certification in nutritional science, as well as fitness training & body Building.

WITHOUT ANABOLIC DRUGS!

I also studied drumming under a senior lecturer of one of our most respected institutions.

So music composure, arrangement & lyric writing is a HUGE PART OF LIFE.

I am told that I am made of pure muscle, & have had some small roles on TV, for such purposes in the past.

I desperately want to peruse some kind of life in the arts. Wether acting, writing or music I have completed ( on my broken down computer ) 😂

I write all this on my iPhone, as it's currently my only internet access.

Oh...
    I also did 1st year studies in psychology, but branched off into I.T. That was in 2001.

I'm off to the gym, for my regular endorphin fix.

Thanks HEAPS for reading my story.
    Peace To All.
    Regards Billie Burd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X