Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Battle for the Last Post: Millennium Edition!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm going to Oregon for a dog show next weekend, right after my interview. ^_^

Comment

Then I have another trip to Northern CA, then I get a break before I go to Michigan in June. I am vowing that this will be y last year showing. Next years I want to get into dog sports.

Comment

One more post before I'm caught up.

Comment

Originally posted by Catz View Post
          Are the purple dots supposed to disappear?
          I think there's something wrong with my eyes :P They fade in and out, then the whole screen blurs and I have to close my eyes to recuperate. You're going to give me some brain attack.
          Yes they disappear after a revolution or two, at least for me. Something to do with the fact that we have more cones (for color) in the center or our eyes and more rods (for gray scale) elsewhere.

Comment

Catz, it sounds like you have a lot of traveling ahead of you. You driving or flying most of that?

Comment

I will be driving . I have been accompanying my dog's breeder to a few shows as she tries to get one of her dogs on the top ten. It just so happens that Sunny started getting a few breed wins so now we're both in the running for top ten.
              I'm really getting to see people's competitive nature, but visiting all these places is really nice. Well with the exception of Pheonix, Arizona. That was horrible lol They had the show in a pretty bad area. Screaming lady at the hotel at 4AM, also many homeless people and one lady who was snorting something and wanting to offer my dog popcorn. I kindly declined.

Comment

My boyfriend is at the top of my shit list right now. He's known for two months the date of my recital--I made sure to tell him well in advance so he could ask for it off from work. And then last night, he tells me he doesn't think he'll be able to make it, because he doesn't think he can get anyone to work for him. Which means he more than likely forgot the date.

Comment

We guys need to be reminded often about these things. My wife tells me, emails me, puts the dates on the calender and then reminds me again a few days before any event. That seems to work for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Electron.John View Post
                    We guys need to be reminded often about these things. My wife tells me, emails me, puts the dates on the calender and then reminds me again a few days before any event. That seems to work for me.
                    I did remind him. More than a few times.

Comment

Maybe he needed you to write it on the back of his hand with a Sharpie.

Comment

If he didn't live three hours away, I would have. Or stamped it on his forehead.

But my recital went really well today, and I'm glad it's done. And now there's 28 days to graduation!

Comment

I am glad it went well for you anyway. 28 Days Later and you will have graduated! Will you miss these days?

Comment

Yes and no. I'll miss being around awesome people every day, and singing in choir/playing in band with them. But I won't miss the drama, and professors who play favorites and make other students feel lower than dirt simply to "prove a point".

There have been a lot of good times here. Though the bad times have been few, they have been bad enough that it makes me a little less comfortable with recommending the school to prospective students. The last thing I would want for any prospective student is to come in thinking that everything's going to be sunshine and rainbows, and then get totally blindsided and disenchanted, and want to leave.

Comment

Understandable. I just noticed we only have 59 posts so far in this battle. Maybe having the battle go to 1000 posts is unrealistic. Oh well, maybe it will take 6 months to finish this one.

Comment

I forgot how much hotter full-size coffee pots brew, compared to single-cup brewers. I came to this realization when I took a drink of my coffee and burnt the bejeezus out of my mouth. Whoops.

Comment

Working...
                                X