No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: BATTLE FORTY FIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I dropped off the face of the earth there again for a bit. Busy times abound.

Chasing after my now steadily walking 14 month old work is work, exhausting and infuriating and I desperately want a new job. I had an interview a month ago for an amazing position with a community health organization as an educator for the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, but haven't heard anything.

My nephew was born a week ago, he's so incredibly tiny compared to my daughter! And yet he's just a few ounces smaller than she was at birth. Hoping I'll be able to find time to make a visit soon. I can't wait to snuggle him.

Hope you're all staying safe and healthy.

Comment

• another page topper

Comment

• Hi Emmy! I have been away for awhile as well. I finally got COVID about a week after the rest of my family did. It was, for me, no big deal. Just a cold for a couple of days. I was shoveling snow off of my driveway during the worst day. Went skiing with my kids the other day as well. First time out this season for us. Lots of fun and no wipe outs, which is good. Today is my daughters 14th birthday so I will be leaving work a bit early for her party. Oh, and I have been teaching my son how to drive a stick. He is doing well and I think has a new found respect for how easy I make it seem.

Comment

• She's 14 already?? Oh my goodness, I remember you telling us she was born, back on the OG forum! I feel old now lol. I'm glad you didn't have a rough time with COVID. So far we have managed to dodge that particular bullet (knocks on wood), but I swear we've gotten every other daycare germ the last few months. RSV as an adult is rough, let me tell you.

Comment

• Emmy Great to see your names come up again guys! Glad you're all surviving these turbulent times. One of my sisters-in-law just got over a bout with RSV - you're right on the money, it's no joke as an adult...took nearly three weeks.

We had our last Christmas celebration yesterday...one side of the family waits until January so we have fewer scheduling conflicts. We do a traditional white elephant gift exchange and I don't know when I've laughed so hard in recent months. Truly wonderful times!

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
              Emmy Great to see your names come up again guys! Glad you're all surviving these turbulent times. One of my sisters-in-law just got over a bout with RSV - you're right on the money, it's no joke as an adult...took nearly three weeks.
              That's about how long it took me to get over it...and then it turned into bronchitis. I was sick for pretty much the entire month of August. It sucked.

Comment

• So happy for your new little nephew! I also have a new nephew, a few months old actually, so maybe not so new anymore? :P

Comment

• I wanted to check back in here. I've somehow ended up the president of decently sized dog club that was/is kind of falling a part. Trying to modernize it a bit and get back to hosting shows.

Comment

• I've read two books so far, When Christmas Comes & Dracula. I just love a well written book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Electron.John View Post
                      Hi Emmy! I have been away for awhile as well. I finally got COVID about a week after the rest of my family did. It was, for me, no big deal. Just a cold for a couple of days. I was shoveling snow off of my driveway during the worst day. Went skiing with my kids the other day as well. First time out this season for us. Lots of fun and no wipe outs, which is good. Today is my daughters 14th birthday so I will be leaving work a bit early for her party. Oh, and I have been teaching my son how to drive a stick. He is doing well and I think has a new found respect for how easy I make it seem.
                      Glad it wasn't too bad for you! my family and I got it the end of 2020 and it was worse than what I'm hearing from this new variant, but not really that bad. I've been sicker. lol

Comment

• I'll try and check in more often.

Comment

• Its like hot here.. I'm sooo jealous rn

Comment

• -its sooo cold right now like run a marathon in black and be cold kinda cold

Comment

• Pretty cold here... and dark

Comment

• I tend to like the dark during the summer its nice and chill

Comment

Working...
                                X