No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: BATTLE FORTY FIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The book says tomatoes two feet apart at each corner of the 4 x 4 box at minimum. So that would mean I only have two rows in a 4 by 4 ?
    I left a review of the book making sure to point out it is not very specific LOL

Comment

Okay, I shouldn't be so hard on the book, in rereading it, it makes a little more sense, but this is only after I've read many online articles and have now become just a little more familiar with garden imagery. I think all instructional guides should be required to be filled with either drawn or photo examples.

I went through some of the plants and it looks I still have a window to add certain late spring plants to the box.

Comment

Oh I have one more comment I can use

So I am a part owner of a small business. It's family run. Well, separately, one of the parents has his own business(we do referral business to each other).
        It drives me crazy when that parent takes on extra work just to throw it onto me. I used to work for him, but no longer do and haven't for 6 years.

Sometimes I have to wonder why it makes me boil so much. I think I truly had a terrible time working for him, I'm afraid of experiencing that kind of stress again.
        I have laid out boundaries for my work life since I left his office and have worked with these boundaries for years. Now I join this family business and am told it's mine and suddenly he decides to include me in his workload. I can help with my customers, and I am happy to do so, but not with expectation that i would just clock back into work for something he promises a customer he would do. It seems pretty unprofessional to me. I feel like most people would understand that, including the customers, but he does not get it. I've already come to the realization that i am a terrible employee. Running my own business is really all I could be good at. I know he would never be okay with me doing something like that to him. That's why he's throwing it at me, he doesn't want to do it or doesn't have the time, well neither do I.

I just needed to get that off my chest

Comment

Its good to get things off your chest then maybe your could take a breath or two

Comment

I'm a bit of a venter.. is that a word?

Comment

Anyone watch the series Fringe?
              I've probably plugged it here before, but it is such a good show.

Comment

I haven't heard of Fringe...but then since we moved to the farm and let cable go, we only watch whatever they play locally or movies through Amazon. If I come across it, I'll be sure to take a gander.

Comment

I think this is a great place to vent...

Comment

I think it is on Amazon, that's how my mom watched it. It's sci-fi, but John Noble is just excellent in it and the father/son relationship is moving. It's one of my favorite shows. i think it originally aired in 2008

Comment

We should make a place explicitly to vent and help each other with problems

Comment

Originally posted by DepressingPoem View Post
                        We should make a place explicitly to vent and help each other with problems
                        Actually, these battles were born for just that

See quote from original post:

Remember to please follow the rules. We're all here to have fun, and to post the randomness of what happened throughout the day. This is to prevent the countless number of "OMG! Guess what happened to me!" topics.

Comment

It was a busier time at the original Poemzone.

Comment

Yea.. we should get more ppl

Comment

There are more members that mainly hang out in the Poetry section, which I think has always been the case.

Comment

Hopefully they make there way over here for a formal introduction

Comment

Working...
                                X