No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: BATTLE FORTY FIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It went really well! The trainer is great and I'm looking forward to our next lesson. It was such a pretty drive.

Comment

• We had some pretty bad storms roll through last night. We lost power around 12:30am and it didn't come back on until a little before 2pm. No damage to our house, but lots of trees and branches down around the neighborhood.

Comment

• Our son sent pictures. Our daughter had part of a tree over the back yard fence. They cleaned it up and took the pieces to the tree place and she said they waited in line for an hour. Lots of damage. Glad everyone is safe.

Comment

• I wonder how DepressingPoem is doing.

Comment

• DepressingPoem
            DepressingPoem commented
            Editing a comment
            hmmmmm around the 12th this time i was probably asleep

• That sounds pretty intense. I love storms, but not when they throw heavy branches into structures on my property lol

It was a costly fix when a large cedar branch bent my fencing.

Comment

• Just heard that some of our friends only had electricity restored today due to that storm. Trying times for some.

Comment

• I had some pretty large tomato hornworms on my tomato plant. Gross.

Comment

• Oh my goodness...we had those last year...they are HUGE! We had to check every day for weeks and finally they abated. We ended up getting plenty of tomatoes.

This year we probably won't get any. No hornworms...just some kind of blight (possibly drift from aerial weed spraying for noxious weeds in the fields and pastures around us). Sigh...you try...and some years it works better than others (or so I'm learning).

Comment

• Interesting. Yeah, I don't have any tomatoes sprouting just yet.
                  My bellpepper is large and leafy, but nuthin' yet, and all the locals are posting their yield on Facebook. It's making me jealous lol

Comment

• I'm so inspired by the front yards of our neighbors. Some create cute little sitting areas right there in the middle of their front lawn, and some have huge gardens visible to those driving by. My house isn't visible at all, which is great lol, but I do want to create spaces to sit, or more raised garden beds.

Comment

• Maybe animal pens, Like an iguana enclosure, or a turtle zen garden...

Comment

• I know I want the chickens near the house so they can clear out some of these insects

Comment

• Oh, I have one more comment.

Our neighbor offered us one of their newly hatched ducks. So we're excited about looking into duck keeping

Comment

• My daughter started crawling on the 10th! And now she's starting to pull herself up on things.

Comment

• Catz & Emmy Sounds like both of you will/may soon have "little ones" running around!

Comment

Working...
                              X