No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: BATTLE FORTY FIVE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got over an inch of rain last night. Which usually has me cheering loudly...but our neighbors were hoping to start harvesting wheat today...their fields look SO good. They'll have to wait for things to dry out now. Hopefully it won't affect yields too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catz View Post
      And of course it's also a plus to see the occasional squirrel or bee visiting the front door.
      I can relate...or a deer, or skunk, or cat for the ones farther out on the property.

Comment

• That is so exciting Emmy! Good for you!

Comment

• I had a successful outing today. I usually only leave the house with my husband, or the couple of times i've taken my puppy to his vaccine appointments,

This time I decided to just go out and visit a pet store. It helped that I brought my dog lol But I still felt like it was nice to get out on my own. I want to get to know the area enough to not rely on my GPS.

Comment

• It's exciting. I feel like an adventurer with her loyal canine companion

Comment

• I even had a short exchange with the pet store candidate about my dog's pretty collar. A package came for my husband that needs to be returned. So I'm going to head out again, but this time without the dog and see if I can make it without my GPS.

Comment

• I am hopped up on Coffee LOL
                It's a bummer it'll be squandered at work... I could be doing so much more in the house. I guess work productivity is good though

Comment

• Catz Your posts make me smile! Bravo for you and your explorations. I'd bet if you continue you will uncover some amazingly wonderful and happy surprises along the way.

Here's one of my favorite quotes, which my son taught me once when I took a wrong turn coming home from one of his practices or meetings years ago:
                  “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
                  ― G.K. Chesterton

We've used it ever since when we get lost. It lowers tension and raises possibilities every time!

Comment

• Neighbor is still waiting to cut wheat...we've had just enough moisture to keep things on the muddy side.

Comment

• My husband and I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday. After Mass we went for a drive....an unplanned meandering around our neck of the woods....mostly through small country towns (some of which contain an amazing display of large, old, sometimes-restored homes). It was a relaxing way to enjoy the beauty of God's creation and recharge our batteries.

Highly recommend if you ever get the chance.

Comment

• Checking in this morning I see I have two more posts before my (5) post limit...so I'll offer you all a good day and press on!

Comment

• Also, one of our pumpkin plants looks to be growing nicely up the trellis (rounded cattle panel) we are using again this year. Last year it was wonderful to walk underneath the plant and marvel at how things grow.

Comment

• Is it too late to try and grow pumpkin? Hmm...I wish I had researched pumpkin or zuchinni. I have no fruiting yet, but my tomato and bell pepper plants are huge and healthy, i think

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                              Catz Your posts make me smile! Bravo for you and your explorations. I'd bet if you continue you will uncover some amazingly wonderful and happy surprises along the way.

Here's one of my favorite quotes, which my son taught me once when I took a wrong turn coming home from one of his practices or meetings years ago:
                              “An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered.”
                              ― G.K. Chesterton

We've used it ever since when we get lost. It lowers tension and raises possibilities every time!
                              I like that!

Comment

• Had an amazing surprise yesterday. Happened to be flip over to my paystubs on my work app, and saw there was a paystub for yesterday, for over $1300! I go and look at my bank app, and sure enough my account balance is higher and showing the deposit! I was super confused, because our normal paystubs don't release until Thursdays, and I definitely haven't worked enough hours to net that much. So I called my supervisor panicking a little because I thought there was an error with direct deposit or something. Apparently, because of funding received through the CARES Act, my company was able to pay each staff and supervisor $2 for every shift worked from January 1 through June 18.

And we still get our regular paychecks as usual on Friday, PLUS I get my annual raise effective today, after getting a $1.40 raise earlier in June.

Comment

Working...
                                X