• Show
Clear All

• Ouch! But new, working equipment makes one feel at peace

Comment

• Poor kid, That is a rough week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Catz View Post
        Ouch! But new, working equipment makes one feel at peace
        Yes! And now when/if we eventually sell and move, we have concrete answers for when things were done. We could never get straight answers from the previous owners about stuff like that. The AC unit was 21 years old, the furnace was 28 years old, and before we had the roof done last summer, we had no clue how old that was either.

Comment

• Exactly! I hate when sellers just shrug or assume. My last house was an older one and a lot of the stuff was original even though the sellers claimed they must have been replaced. The new house we're in is still over 20 years old, but the original owner kept great records on utilities and roof.

Don't forget to let your insurance agent know you've replaced the roof and air Some companies give a good discount.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmy View Post

Yes! And now when/if we eventually sell and move, we have concrete answers for when things were done. We could never get straight answers from the previous owners about stuff like that. The AC unit was 21 years old, the furnace was 28 years old, and before we had the roof done last summer, we had no clue how old that was either.
            Those are some exceptionally good numbers for the age of those things...and now you have peace of mind on top of it.

Sorry for the rough week though...sometimes when it rains it pours.

Comment

• 105F for the high today. Oof. No thanks. Give me my crisp fall days, leggings, boots, and oversized sweaters!

Comment

• Me too Emmy! It's not quite as hot where I am, 90, i believe it is much hotter in my previous state.... but fall can't come soon enough

Comment

• Watering plants morning and evening and just hoping we can keep them alive...we usually don't have these temps until August.

Comment

• We bought a Ring doorbell camera over the weekend because on Friday, our fingerprint-enabled deadlock showed an unauthorized fingerprint attempt when neither of us were home we've never had any issues with break-ins or anything like that in the nearly 5 years we've lived in our house, but that was still a little unnerving. Husband thinks someone mistook it for a doorbell, but I don't see how that's the case, because we had a regular doorbell mounted. Either way, we're covered and I do feel a little better about having some kind of coverage there.

Comment

• Oh those front door cameras are totally worth it

Comment

• I've been making a list of where I want additional cameras. At the moment, we have a few, but mainly inside for when we step out. Placement of outdoor cameras feels more complicated,

Comment

• And of course it's also a plus to see the occasional squirrel or bee visiting the front door.

Comment

• Made a big decision this last week. I'm going back to school, for nursing! I did a lot of thinking about it, and I want to have a job/career that I feel like I can adequately provide for my daughter with, and what I'm doing right now (caregiver for adults with mental health issues and intellectual disabilities) just doesn't quite cut it, even with the $1.40 raise I just got. I found a program that does the classroom portion completely online, and then once that's done 2-3 days a week I'll do the lab/practicum portion in a nearby city. I'm pretty excited for it, honestly.

Comment

We bought a Ring doorbell camera over the weekend because on Friday, our fingerprint-enabled deadlock showed an unauthorized fingerprint attempt when neither of us were home we've never had any issues with break-ins or anything like that in the nearly 5 years we've lived in our house, but that was still a little unnerving. Husband thinks someone mistook it for a doorbell, but I don't see how that's the case, because we had a regular doorbell mounted. Either way, we're covered and I do feel a little better about having some kind of coverage there.
                              That would unnerve me a bit too. Glad all is OK.

Comment

Made a big decision this last week. I'm going back to school, for nursing! I did a lot of thinking about it, and I want to have a job/career that I feel like I can adequately provide for my daughter with, and what I'm doing right now (caregiver for adults with mental health issues and intellectual disabilities) just doesn't quite cut it, even with the $1.40 raise I just got. I found a program that does the classroom portion completely online, and then once that's done 2-3 days a week I'll do the lab/practicum portion in a nearby city. I'm pretty excited for it, honestly.
                                Congratulations and best of luck pursuing this new goal!

Comment

Working...
                                X