No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Unprecedented Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently we may have japanese maples on our property. I'm going to have to collect leaves as they pop up so i know what we are growing out there.

Comment

• We had an unexpected snow today...more like snowy rain, it was so heavy. Temps stayed above freezing, and it all melted, giving us much needed moisture, but April 6 is a bit late for that kind of weather here, usually.

Comment

• I had already put out some annuals in small pots around the door...hopefully everything will survive. It might have been better to move them in the greenhouse.

Comment

• As I recall, Japanese maples are pretty trees, with beautiful blossoms. I'm not sure but it might be too hot and windy for them to hold up in our area of the country.

Comment

• I keep watching gardening videos with elaborately planned landscapes. Not sure most of it would translate successfully here.

Comment

• But we do have a lot of tulips, daffodils, surprise Lillies, and iris coming up, a couple of hyacinth, and the day Lillies, hostas, and one peony bush are coming up nicely. The tiny lilacs and dogwoods, plus our one hydrangea are budding nicely, and I'm hoping the holly bushes will survive. I enjoy spring immensely.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                But we do have a lot of tulips, daffodils, surprise Lillies, and iris coming up, a couple of hyacinth, and the day Lillies, hostas, and one peony bush are coming up nicely. The tiny lilacs and dogwoods, plus our one hydrangea are budding nicely, and I'm hoping the holly bushes will survive. I enjoy spring immensely.
                That just sounds lovely! Dogwoods are quite pretty.

Comment

• I was just looking out my office window and thought about how I could frame a nice photo of what looks like a cherry tree blossoming outside. Anytime I think of framing photos, the words of my high school photo teacher come into mind. If you do most of the editing when taking the photo, you will avoid having to edit or struggle "fixing" the photo in the dark room.

I really had a cool photo teacher. So, I decided to see what he was up to. It's been 12-13 years. I searched his name and the name of my high school. A teacher list popped up. I scrolled a little and there he was with a little link to a 2020 parent video or something. It was on youtube. Just skipped through it.
                  Last edited by Catz; 04-08-2021, 01:08 PM.

Comment

• Talk about nostalgia.

Comment

• He was a very passionate creative. I was listening to some of his speech and he is just as serious about photography as he ever was. I love it. I had him for two years and got a 1st place at the local fair as well as an honorable mention at the Palm Springs Museum. He was a great motivator. I remember he was so frustrated with my photo 1 class. He was really upset at how washed out the photos would turn out. Nothing had contrast, then I stepped out of the dark room with black blacks and white whites. He was stoked. Incredibly invested teacher. My senior year he graded my portfolio and then I remember him leaving before the class ended. No announcement, or big goodbye to the seniors in his class. We speculated he was having a hard time saying bye. He ended up at my line up of teachers when I graduated.

Comment

• Growing up as a teen without my dad seemed to effect me in a way that I really clung to those good male teachers. I've had a handful I'd like to thank today.

But that's enough of that emotional baggage LOL

Comment

• It's good to remember the good things. When a young person has someone to encourage learning it makes an incalculable difference. Glad you shared because it's inspiring to hear about people like the ones you mention here.

Comment

• I thought my basil was growing, but it turns out they were little weeds

Comment

• That's what I get for not buying the seedling soil
                              But the reason I found that out, was my basil started sprouting today lol then i realized the other little green things were not the basil

Comment

• I have learned (and am still learning, thanks to the advice of my sister) not to pull things out right away. Some seedlings suspiciously resemble many weeds in the area, and it's better to wait until they get their first true set of leaves to make a call.

Comment

Working...
                                X