No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Unprecedented Times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you first started this thread I thought we weren't going to get there....now, it's possible (in near sight, even).

Comment

• Today is Good Friday, part of the Christian feast of Triduum. Feeling exceedingly grateful to God for all the blessings in our lives.

Comment

• Also, the wind is blowing full tilt again. Outdoor plans may change a bit based on this.

Comment

• We got our raised beds filled on Wednesday (using h├╝gelkulture method). Looking forward to doing plant lay out in the coming week.

Comment

• There are so many interesting things to learn, don't you think?

Comment

• There are!

Comment

• I can become a bit obsessive, so I need to pace myself when attempting to try new things. Otherwise I'm tempted to buy every homesteading book on the market. lol
                I've almost forgotten that just a few weeks ago I was determined to get back into crochet and writing my book. So I've backtracked to setting a timer and dedicating a certain amount of time to writing.

Comment

• It's not like there is not enough time to do all of it, but maybe growing up with all this tech has caused me to be too distracted. It's okay though, the first step is recognizing the tragedy and then I can correct it.

Comment

• I see it with my poor nephew and niece. So addicted to the tablet and phone. I think the computer would be better than those screens. It's not like offices use phones and tablets like they do the good ol' computer. I remember having a young co-worker who had never used a windows computer. Her experience with tech was all iphone/ipad. she typed slowly and had trouble with the system menus. I think tablets were a terrible invention.

Comment

• Oh! and of course, Happy Easter! I got up early this morning just to dedicate some time to writing. I'm happy with what I've got so far. I shall go back to it. I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. We have great weather here.

Comment

• eeeeeeeeeh

Comment

• Happy Easter...2021. We had a gorgeous day yesterday and today, though we're having warm temps again, the WIND is back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Catz View Post
                            I can become a bit obsessive, so I need to pace myself when attempting to try new things. Otherwise I'm tempted to buy every homesteading book on the market. lol
                            I've almost forgotten that just a few weeks ago I was determined to get back into crochet and writing my book. So I've backtracked to setting a timer and dedicating a certain amount of time to writing.
                            I understand this. I go from dreaming and beginning plans on all kinds of projects to being overwhelmed at the thought of all the possibilities.

Most of the time, I'm able to just take a breath and do the next good thing...while giving thanks I'm in a place and time that allows between wonderful choices.

Comment

• We need a certain amount of attachment to see things through to the end, but enough detachment that when something gets derailed it doesn't wreck our day.

Comment

• The local farm store had a great sale a couple of days ago and I got a whole flat of starter plants (two colors of three different kinds of sun-loving flowers) for $12...that's 48 individual plants (small, but sprouted and some already having closed blooms). They are all annuals, so will only last a season, but I found that to be a stellar price!

Comment

Working...
                                X