A Keto Diet Meal Plan and Menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Keto Diet Meal Plan and Menu

The Keto diet works but is similar to a crash diet. It’s not sustainable for long time use. Your body needs carbs to function in the long run, so you’ll have to go off of it at some point. Because you’re starving your body of carbs you’ll have to be careful to slowly add them back in after a while. If you add them in too quickly your body will store them ASAP as fat since it’s been deprived for so long (sort of like the “starvation mode” your body goes into if you’re not eating enough calories.

Ultimately, it’s your choice. I’ve done paleo, I’ve done keto, IF, and a million other diets because I’m always curious to see how it affects my body composition. What works best for me is a healthy well-balance diet with a focus on protein and lower carbs

I did keto and really love it, l lost 20 kg and kept them off until I got pregnant and gained weight mainly because I started drinking sugary sodas to help me with my heartburn. I am currently back on the diet and have already lost 15 kg and am now the same weight as before. I am full of energy and not craving unhealthy foods. I find that it really suits me and my body but I think different types of diets suit different people- you should give it a try and see how your body reacts.

Comment

I’ve been on Keto for almost a year now, to help with my PCOS (it did work; I’ve had regular periods with no complications every month on time with no medication or hormonal BC). I’ve lost about 20ish pounds overall; I wasn’t that big to begin with so a giant weight loss wasn’t my main goal. Keto IS a long term sustainable lifestyle if you do it correctly; count your calories (use an app like MyFitnessPal to do this!), track your macros (your ratios should be 70% fat, 25% protein, and 5% carbs), make sure you get enough GOOD fat (NOT bacon and cheese overload; you need MCT oil, coconut oil, avocados, olives, etc.) make sure you get in vitamins and electrolytes, etc. Carbs are necessary for the body, yes, but not from bread, pasta, and crackers and cookies and not in excess. Get your carbs from veggies and low glycemic fruits that are high in antioxidants (blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, etc.), as long as you practice portion control, the fiber in them will still leave you with the correct amount of net carbs to be in ketosis.

Comment

I tried it. It gave me an electrolyte imbalance due to the lack of carbs, and I ended up getting horrible leg cramps from it. I could wake up in the middle of the night in major cramps. Scared the shit out of me. And I don't really care about the supplements or extra salt or whatever trick I could do to make my body stay on the keto diet! When my body reacts like that from eating food (!) I take it as a sign it is not the way my body is supposed to be fueled! Also, I was troubled with diarrhea, and the rapid weight loss I initially experienced was mostly my body pouring out water. I also had a friend who tried it and her breath got so evil from the ketosis her husband would hardly stay in the same bedroom as her (hahaha).

Comment

I also have a friend who did it for a longer time than me that started losing hair. And I NEVER hear stories like this from other diets people I know try! Except for your traditional western high carb-everything-fried-dip-it-in-something-greasy-and-cover-it-in-sugar-diet, that will kill you due to the massive fat gain you will experience. But is it either/or? Either stuff ourselves with all the carbs in sight or refuse to eat even a piece of fruit????? In my own experience, reducing the carbs to a healthy level is what works best for me. I don't eat bread, pasta, sugar, cakes, potato chips, ice cream (and all that stuff). But I eat all kinds of vegetables (carbs), fruits (more carbs), on occasion a small portion of brown rice, oatmeal, or some real thin bread with salmon or cheese on top. (And of course, I count calories). Works well to lower my food cravings, and it helps me lose weight, without ANY side effects! On the contrary, my body is stronger and more energetic than ever!

Comment

The best way to reach your goals of being fit is the custom keto diet. I personally have tried it and that was amazing. After doing this for about a few weeks, I reached every goal I wanted to. I really recommend that. If you are interested go in there and do it. I personally think that there is no better way to lose your body weight than a custom keto diet. I am just so happy thanks to this and I want to share it with everybody. Enjoy👍

Comment

I found it effective.

Comment

Yes We have use many Diet plan for our health but It is not well always as you tell.So We need tested diet plan and in which Keto diet plan may be good for fitness.

Comment

Working...
                X