Printed Circuit Board Assembly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printed Circuit Board Assembly

Generally PCB design is considered straight forward electronics. We get lots of spammers on the subject, which is a automatic lifetime ban and a removed thread.

There is the basic assumption you know electronics if you are ready to design a PCB. Back in the 1970's I made my own using a sharpy, a blank board, and ferric cloride. I was 14 years old. It is not that hard. If you want to know how we have several how to articles in the Completed Projects forum, including one from me.

No, but designing PCBs is only part of the process, and isn't truly that hard. I still make my own boards, as do many people. If you have a question on how to do it ask, you will get answers from people in the know. The design a PCB supports is considerably more important than the PCB itself. Enough so that it is a lot more important to breadboard the design and test it than to waste a lot of time designing a PCB for something that doesn't work.

Comment

The art and science of making Printed Circuit Boards would fill a book, or two. So would the art and science of making a box to contain the finished electronic products. If this site saw three requests per month, either of those subjects might seem important enough to categorize, but it doesn't. This is a teaching site. The amateurs don't need sophisticated circuit boards and the pros (usually) don't need help. When help is needed, the Circuit Board production businesses can, and do, provide deadly accurate and up-to-date information which is specific to the product they are getting paid for.

Comment

But you're wrong in believing that. It is that the audience this forum addresses has a broad range of experience and requirements. From a simple board that serves as a platform for an LED Blinky, to a high quality audio processor, to a microcontroller board for a custom function. (...but a small sample of examples). Each has its own set of requirements. Have you performed the search I suggested? I suggest not. In fact, after your last post I wonder if you'll even see this and the other responses. Your mind appears to have been made up already. However, I decided to post this for the people who find this thread in the future.

Comment

Designing a PCB isn't hard, but there is a huge difference between a well laid out PCB and a board laid out by a newbie. You become a good PCB designer by designing a lot of PCBs while applying your understanding of electronics. It is a skill, almost an art, requiring a lot of practice before you become good at it.

Comment

Typically the biggest drill size for most pcb manufactuers is 6mm. So, anything bigger than that will be routed. The drill machines are set up to drill at very high speeds, ( which you need when you run very small drills ), so there is a cut off somewhere,.. Routing accuracy is ±0.15mm however, i'd i'd not expect to see a step, that is a bit unsual. you might get some kind of offset. you might get that if a tool is on the end of its life..
            Last edited by Nancystarkman; 06-22-2020, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Quick turn PCB prototype has an emphasis on speedy PCB assembly just before the final PCB fabrication deadline. This process is for shoppers who want a fast turnaround. There are surely some advantages of quick turn PCB prototypes. It saves the cost and ensures that errors are fixed. With a shorter number of days, PCB fabrication is simple and fast. The manufacturing process is done fast. quick turn Prototype PCBs have some core solutions for the PCB shoppers.

Check this link right here now https://www.pcbonline.com/

Comment

Working...
              X