Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yikes! Between that and health insurance costs I'm reading about - there will be no money left in people's budgets for food!

Comment

No kidding. I think I'll shop around to see if I can find a lower quote, though. $355/month for a 1997 Neon and a 2010 Nissan seems a bit much.

Comment

Fortunately, I have insurance through my job, and it's not too pricey--about $120/month for full medical, dental, and vision.

Comment

We, my husband, son, and I, went to the first night of our parish mission tonight. A parish mission, in my Catholic experience anyway, is usually a three day period of presentations, one each evening for three nights in a row, on some aspect of spiritual growth and/or renewal. The presenter tonight was very good...he has a beautiful, rich preaching and singing voice that is pleasant on the ear.

One thing among the many he shared tonight is this thought: he has heard, in recent decades, Catholics complain that they don't 'get anything' out of going to Mass on Sunday. Then he said something like (I'm paraphrasing) - It's no wonder! How can you expect one hour on Sunday to hold all of the spirituality God offers you all week - every moment of every day? That's a LOT of pressure to put on one hour a week.

That makes a lot of sense. It's just like having a personal relationship with God, when likened to a relationship with our friends. You can't ignore someone 99% of the time, and give them only 1% of your attention and expect the relationship to grow.

So my question to ponder...what are my percentages these days?

Comment

I just realized thursday marks the 6 month anniversary of the last time I have seen my sister, since she left for Brazil.

Comment

Originally posted by PoetryBree View Post
              I just realized thursday marks the 6 month anniversary of the last time I have seen my sister, since she left for Brazil.
              Refresh my memory PoetryBree - why did she go to Brazil again?

Comment

Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                We, my husband, son, and I, went to the first night of our parish mission tonight. A parish mission, in my Catholic experience anyway, is usually a three day period of presentations, one each evening for three nights in a row, on some aspect of spiritual growth and/or renewal. The presenter tonight was very good...he has a beautiful, rich preaching and singing voice that is pleasant on the ear.

One thing among the many he shared tonight is this thought: he has heard, in recent decades, Catholics complain that they don't 'get anything' out of going to Mass on Sunday. Then he said something like (I'm paraphrasing) - It's no wonder! How can you expect one hour on Sunday to hold all of the spirituality God offers you all week - every moment of every day? That's a LOT of pressure to put on one hour a week.

That makes a lot of sense. It's just like having a personal relationship with God, when likened to a relationship with our friends. You can't ignore someone 99% of the time, and give them only 1% of your attention and expect the relationship to grow.

So my question to ponder...what are my percentages these days?
                I got on here to post something and saw this - and don't even remember posting it. I must have been very tired when I got home on Sunday night. Really.

Good news is - the other two nights were good too.

Comment

Let's see - three more before I need a break. Anyone made plans for Thanksgiving yet?

Comment

Man, this process can go really slowly when you first start.

Comment

All right, back to the poetry side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                        Let's see - three more before I need a break. Anyone made plans for Thanksgiving yet?
                        I'm having dinner at my boyfriend's mom's, and then I'll be working 4-midnight that evening. I don't mind working, since many of my clients don't have family to go visit or to come visit them on the holidays. Plus, the holiday pay will be a nice little boost to my paycheck

Comment

Oh that is so sweet Emmy. <3 What a generous soul you are - thank you.

Comment

The day we set clocks back an hour is my least favorite day of the year. Woke up a little after 7 this morning, and I'm at work until midnight. Uffda.

Comment

That's a L-O-N-G day. So sorry.

Comment

On the bright side - maybe they'll abolish this silly time manipulation and we won't have to 'spring forward' in March 2017.

Comment

Working...
                                X