Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoever invented squats (cavemen) are at the receiving end of my soreness-induced ire. My legs. MY LEGS!!!!

Comment

My friend from work brought 2 homegrown Carolina reaper peppers. We each ate one.

Here's a video of me struggling to maintain composure after ingestion!

The reapers are the hottest variety of pepper in the world right now.

Comment

Holy cow CC - how long did that last? You are much braver than I - that's for sure. You should write a poem about the experience. I'll be it would be a real 'scorcher'!

Comment

The actual heat lasted maybe 5 minutes, but it felt like my throat was going to close up on me! My stomach hurt for a couple of hours though.

Comment

Man! Someone once tried to get me to eat part of a habanero pepper, but I refused to.

Comment

Well, on the bright side - there aren't going to be any more 'debates' this election cycle.

Comment

Back home now, after spending 14+ hours in airports and on planes. Uffda. Now it's back to real life.

Comment

Gosh it's hard to believe that a week from tonight is Halloween again! Time is zipping for sure.

Comment

Thinking about what comes up on my feed page when I log on....in the 'Everything Else' section. Also looking forward to supper - made a traditional dish I learned from my Mom when growing up. The amazing smells in the house bring back great memories.

Comment

What was the dish you made?

Comment

We called it galuskies growing up - or 'pigs in the blanket'. I know a lot of people think of sausage in pancakes when they hear that, but it's basically a meatball in a cabbage roll. I've included a link here and the recipe is almost down to the bottom of the page. Another dish I really like is what we called bierocks - think a Runza sandwich - which is also a beef and cabbage kind of dish - only the meat mixture is inside of dough and it's baked.

They tasted really good - and we'll have leftovers - the best part!

http://www.kansasfoodjournal.com/201...ine-to-kansas/

Comment

For me, "pigs in a blanket" are hot dogs wrapped in biscuit or croissant dough, but the meatball in the cabbage roll style doesn't sound half bad. And my dad told me he made bierocks a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I got a new car! I now own a 2010 Nissan Versa.

Comment

What fun! Enjoy and drive safely! (Look out for those 'other guys'.)

Comment

Definitely! Especially since my insurance payment is going to be about $200 more per month than when I had the car I wrecked. Ouch

Comment

Working...
                                X