Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But I'm about to settle in and try to do some writing right now! I read a few books to recharge my batteries. Hopefully it will be enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy View Post
      The main thing keeping me going is that my boyfriend and I leave for Oregon on Friday, and we'll be out there for nine days. And we close on our house three days after we get back.
      Emmy.
      I quoted a random post so you'd see it, but I wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you for what happened to your car. I've hit 2 deer and a car myself, and just thank God you weren't hurt and you at least had some kind of insurance. And soon a house, too! Just remember that I love you bunches and everything will be fine. In five years time, it will be a seldom conjured memory at the most.

Comment

It looks like the site has received a few updates.

Comment

My girlfriend bought me a trip to a real barber shop, made us a picnic, and took me to her favorite swimming hole back up in the woods. It was an amazing day. Usually fun places around Austin are packed and/or still within earshot of the highway, but this place was dead quiet. All you could hear was the gentle rustling of leaves and the trickle of a small waterfall. It was so nice. Some other people came out and started blaring their radio, but even 10 minutes of relative peace, waist-deep in cold, clear water rejuvenated beyond words. Truly it was one for the memory books.

Comment

That sounds amazingly refreshing CC - glad you got a chance to get away.

Comment

I kind of wish we were taking a trip right now. With hubby starting a different job it might be awhile until we can get away.

Comment

Maybe a short weekend drive. The leaves are turning and some of the areas around here will be breathtaking if we can catch them at the right time. That would be nice.

Comment

Let's see....what else....I mowed and edged the lawn today. Wish it was the last time for this year but I have a feeling we'll need to do it at least once more before the grass truly goes dormant.

Comment

OK, last one for tonight. Time to hit the hay.

Comment

Originally posted by CeramicCornflake View Post

Emmy.
                      I quoted a random post so you'd see it, but I wanted to let you know my heart goes out to you for what happened to your car. I've hit 2 deer and a car myself, and just thank God you weren't hurt and you at least had some kind of insurance. And soon a house, too! Just remember that I love you bunches and everything will be fine. In five years time, it will be a seldom conjured memory at the most.
                      Thanks, poppet. You're the best.

Comment

Oregon is green and beautiful and lovely and wet. Even drove up to Timberline Lodge, which is 6,000 feet above sea level on Mount Hood. There was snow. And then my boyfriend lost his wallet somewhere up there.

What a week it's been. Uffda.

Comment

Sounds lovely - except for the losing the wallet part - that stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmy View Post
                            Oregon is green and beautiful and lovely and wet. Even drove up to Timberline Lodge, which is 6,000 feet above sea level on Mount Hood. There was snow. And then my boyfriend lost his wallet somewhere up there.

What a week it's been. Uffda.
                            I would love to go to Oregon. At the end of the semester, I'm getting a nice little payday for my less scrupulous work (I'm taking a class for someone. I can feel your judgement), and I want to use it on a trip. Maybe. I don't really know how far $400 can get me, but I'd like to fly somewhere I've never been and take a small vacation. I'm not even looking at flights. I don't want to disillusion myself just yet haha.

Comment

Also losing your wallet sounds like a for real nightmare to me. So much to replace. I think important documents should be issued in duplicate.

Comment

Then it should just be illegal to carry more than one copy at a time. But if you lose your driver's license, I feel like it would just be a good idea to have a legal backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X