No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Mission Bananarama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, even though I posed the question, I'm torn on the favorite holiday thing. It can change from year to me, depending on where I am and who I'm with. Right now I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving and the whole Advent season with its feast days, then Christmas and New Year's Day. I'm going to have to think on this one some more.

Comment

• My fiancé and I got a kitten last month. His name is Hamilton (after Alexander Hamilton—go listen to the musical if you haven’t already, it’s amazeballs). He’s about 9 weeks old now, and is a cuddly little sweetheart when he’s not being a spaz. And my chest is his favorite spot to lay.

Comment

• Now he'll keep you warm on cold winter nights - if you didn't already have a fiancé.

Comment

• I'm really beginning to wonder if we'll break 400 on this thing.

Comment

• I really like for the people around me to be happy. When they're not, because of sorrow, sickness, or worry - I just want to make things better. What's your best remedy for making someone feel better?

Comment

• Thanksgiving in just a week and a half. As seems to happen more years than not our plans are in a state of flux. Perhaps there's a poem or short story in there somewhere?

Comment

• The sun is hiding behind clouds today again. I can appreciate something about most any kind of weather, but I am partial to unhindered sunshine for 'lightening' my mood.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                  I really like for the people around me to be happy. When they're not, because of sorrow, sickness, or worry - I just want to make things better. What's your best remedy for making someone feel better?
                  I’m the same way. My strongest “love language” is doing things for others, so for me it’s things like buying them a cup of coffee, or their favorite candy bar, or some other kind of pick-me-up that says “I’m thinking of you and I’m here if you need anything.” I don’t have kids of my own yet, but I have a very strong mama bear instinct.

Comment

• Was starting to feel better yesterday, and my voice is about 80% back, but my cough is more productive and “chunky”, for lack of a better term. Lots of funky colors coming up. I really don’t want to go back to the doctor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmy View Post
                      Was starting to feel better yesterday, and my voice is about 80% back, but my cough is more productive and “chunky”, for lack of a better term. Lots of funky colors coming up. I really don’t want to go back to the doctor.
                      I hope you're back to 100% soon. Being sick is no fun - and you need your voice for more than chatting! There's a lot of junk going around I've heard.

Comment

• Ever have one of those mornings when you didn't write down a thought (for a poem or story) when you woke up during the night, and now can't recall it?

Comment

• I'm a person that never used to polish my nails with anything but a clear cover coat for protection. Lately, I've found this combination of shades in the pink color family (one solid, one translucent) and am really enjoying the results.

Comment

• Saw two voles while cleaning up the yard on Sunday. I have a friend who has battled those little fellows in her garden for years. She says that once you have them you can almost never get rid of them. Any recommendations?

Comment

• Where are all the birds this morning? The feeders are over half full but there's not much activity.

Comment

• Not having my full singing range back yet has got to be one of the most frustrating things ever. I want to be able to sing and practice, especially since I am now learning my role in the opera “Dido & Aeneas”, and I only have about the span of a 10th—from C4 to about E5. That’s a little more than I had a couple days ago, but still not my full range as a soprano. Grr. Hopefully this last bit of imflammation will go omaway over Thanksgiving break, but I’ll be seeing my primary doctor on the 30th for a referral to an ENT to make sure there’s no damage or nodes.

Comment

Working...
                                X