The Battle for the Last Post: Mission Bananarama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Emmy View Post
    My boyfriend and I decided to sign up for a 5K at the end of October, and started training for it today. I'm using the Couch to 5K app, and BOY do my legs feel it. Uffda.
    That is great. Stick with it and you will be amazed at how you will progress. I just started running again after a long break and I am up to 3 miles after about a month. I want to get back to running 5 miles once or twice a week and 3 miles most other days. Need to loss 15 pounds to be in peak running shape though. In time...

Comment

• Originally posted by Electron.John View Post

Where did you read about the history of Rhymezone? I would be interested in seeing that. I joined in 2002. I remember there was a special section for 9/11 poems on the old site. Not sure how many years it was around before that though.
      I was poking around one night and came upon this old blog post:

http://blog.datamuse.com/rhymezone-t...pdates-aplenty

Comment

• This is an interesting forum, amazing read!
        Last edited by Emmy; 08-11-2017, 12:18 PM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

• Welcome to the Zone stella ! I agree with you - this IS an interesting forum!

Comment

• Thanks RhymeLovingWriter! I never knew about that blog. I am even in the special thanks list at the end.

Comment

• "Some history: I created the “Semantic Rhyming Dictionary” while a student back in 1996, renaming it as the more euphonious "RhymeZone" in 2000. Since then the site has answered billions of search queries from tens of millions of creative people around the English-speaking world: songwriters, copywriters, poets, pranksters, puzzle solvers, and more. It's been the subject of jokes, songs, and copious praise (and some parody, too). "

Quote from that blog Doug wrote.

Comment

• Here is the song about Rhymezone. I wonder if this guy is a forum member?...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1NfknPPjik

Comment

• And the Onion mentions Rhymezone to make fun of a rapper.

http://www.theonion.com/graphic/kend...nternet--33481

And yes RhymeLoverWriter, I meant to post these here.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter Thanks! All summer (almost) I've been without internet, but finally today I was able to get back online. That's why I haven't responded until now. The wedding went really great - my aunt and everyone else loved the music, so that was encouraging.

Comment

• Here's me hoping that my summer without internet didn't make me miss too many amazing poems... If anyone has any suggestions on which poems posted this summer are must-reads, I would be very thankful!

Comment

Working...
                      X