Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man Emmy , that's a killer schedule. How much time do you have off after you finish this 7-day string?

Comment

• One more to contribute to the count build up. Just wondering fellow poets. What is your favorite season?

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter Definitely spring - and winter. Autumn too, if it's the right kind of fall. I can't stand summer. For me, the best temperature is cca 18 degrees Celsius, or colder.

Comment

• I'm kind of like you N. Y. Sonnet. There is something I love about all the seasons, although my favorite is the temperate middle. I'm still excited at the sight of a nice snow, but don't care for frigid temps that last for weeks on end. And early summer, before everything has dried out and we're baking, is a nice treat of warmth. You nailed the temperature a lot more closely than I could!

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
            Man Emmy , that's a killer schedule. How much time do you have off after you finish this 7-day string?
            Only a day. Then back for two days, off Saturday, work Sunday through Tuesday, off next Wednesday, and then a six-day stretch.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
              RhymeLovingWriter commented
              Editing a comment
              That's a very difficult schedule. I'm happy you are there for them, but I don't know how you manage it with so little down time.

• We were most fortunate last Friday when a couple of tornadoes ripped through our town. Lots of tree damage and clean up, but house standing and functioning fine - unlike some people.

Comment

• Getting ready to make some enchiladas. Want to take a supper over to the neighbors while they have a family member in the hospital.

Comment

• The high temperature on Saturday is predicted to be around 69 degrees F. Very cool for this area of the country at this time of the year, but I'm sure it will feel like a blessed relief after the last few hot days (in the 90's).

Comment

• Looking forward to picking something out of the garden besides lettuce and spinach. The cucumbers and tomatoes have a lot of blooms, and one of the pepper plants has a smallish green pepper. Being able to go out in the yard and pick fresh vegetables is really a wonderful blessing.

Comment

• Happy July, and Happy Canada Day.

Canada seems like a neat place. I'd like to visit there.

Comment

• Hope everyone had a good 4th.

This year was the first time since the 1930s that fireworks (beyond just sparklers) could be purchased and set off in Iowa. Was nice to be able to do that, but not so nice to hear what sounded like professional-grade fireworks being set off by my neighbors in the street outside. Especially when they were going off until almost midnight and I had to get up for work at 6:30am.

Comment

• I am 28 years old today. Weird.

Comment

• Happy belated birthday Emmy! I hope it was a wonderful day. 28 was a great year for me and I hope it will be for you as well.

Comment

• Looks like it's going to be a really nice weekend, weather-wise. We had pretty warm temps earlier in the week, then it rained and cooled things off a few degrees. Nice.

Comment

• Thought I'd put a ditty here
                              Just to spread some rhyming cheer
                              Hope your day is fun all 'round
                              Filled with love and happy sounds.

Comment

Working...
                              X