Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random literature fact: The famous quote from Shakespeare's Hamlet 'Alas, poor Yorick, I knew him well' is actually incorrect. The real quote is, 'Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio!' See Hamlet act V scene I.

Comment

• Got stuck working the overnight shift, so I've been at work almost 14 hours. Won't get much of a chance to sleep today, since my upright freezer is being delivered between 10 and 2. And I have to go back to work at 4pm. Ugh.

Comment

• I'm sleepy.

Comment

• My prayers are with the families of the victims who were slain and wounded last night in the London terrorist attack. When will this nightmare end...?

Comment

• Originally posted by N. Y. Sonnet View Post
            CeramicCornflake Congrats on your novel! What's it about? And I am sorry for your friend's loss.
            It's the third in a young adult science fiction trilogy I'm working on. The main character is an 18 year old boy named Milo Kidd who is drafted into a universe-wide peace keeping force / government after he finds out his father is killed in the line of duty. He has to deal with a clone with his father's face, a diseased-laced meteor carrying a deadly creature from the heart of a dead star, and a shadowy figure that's been killing off workers on a radioactive planet. So far.

Comment

• Where have I been lately??? Missing this fun little competition, that's for sure. Let's try a little 'rectification' shall we?

Comment

• Actually, I can't even believe I just posted a sentence like that, using shall 'we'? It is one of my husband's biggest pet peeves when we go to a restaurant and the waiter/waitress, asks, "How are WE tonight?" He always wants to say, "I'm doing just fine, but I have NO IDEA about you!" I think there are some places that train the staff to ask that, so try not to let it bother me, but it's probably not good idea to answer other people's questions for them. What do you think?

Comment

• So I finally started writing my first full-length story CeramicCornflake. I still haven't finished the writings for my curriculum style treasure hunt book, but this idea has grabbed me by the heart and so I'm going to make an attempt. I'm on chapter 3 - about 7800 words in - it's exciting, a little bit scary, and a whole lot of hopeful. I need to check with the local critique group to see about submitting something for review. Then I'm trying to keep up with blog posts, both my own and a couple of guest posts, and I just had a couple of poems accepted for inclusion in the new cherita online journal. No pay, but building bylines, and I need those too. Newbies like me are quite grateful for opportunity.

Comment

• Now we're in June already. Summertime is usually a very productive and fun time. I'm looking forward to warm (but not scorching) temps. How about you guys? Do you prefer hot or cold weather?

Comment

• One more for tonight (what's the magic number again - I have to go check that out). I think it's quite a ways away yet based on BiocideJ 's last comment. Hope you're all doing well. Catch you after someone else posts a string!

Comment

• Day 4 of a 7-day stretch at work. More than a little burned out. Uffda.

Comment

• CeramicCornflake Wow - that sounds like a really cool read! How far along now?

Comment

• I and my sister got gold (same as 1st place) at an international chamber play contest! It was pretty fun!

Comment

• I have my violin finals on Monday... definitely need to practice more!!!

Comment

• Oh man, time flies when you're having fun! I must be having a blast. I wrote my last posts on here and haven't done another word on the novel. But I did finish a rhymed treasure hunt for Flag Day and get it posted, and also another blog post yesterday. I have two other posts partially done, three poems started or standing patiently in line for editing, and now I need to get a rhymed treasure hunt done for the first day of summer, and hopefully a Father's Day post before the weekend arrives along with a full schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X