No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Mission Bananarama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found out tonight my grandpa on my mom's side is being put into hospice. He's not eating or taking his meds. My grandma thinks he's just getting too tired to keep going. I'm going up to visit him tomorrow after I'm done with class, since I haven't seen him since last summer.

Comment

• Oh man, Emmy, tough times right now. Did you get to see him? Those moments are precious indeed. I'll be thinking of your family and holding you in prayer.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
        Oh man, Emmy, tough times right now. Did you get to see him? Those moments are precious indeed. I'll be thinking of your family and holding you in prayer.
        I did. I went up Monday evening and sat with him, my grandma, mom, and two of my aunts for a little while. Before I left I sang a couple verses of one of his favorite hymns, "Beautiful Savior". He hasn't really been awake since Sunday, but when I sang his breathing relaxed and he turned his head toward me a little.

Comment

• The hardest part of all of this is the waiting, especially since I'm not there. Thankfully my boyfriend, his family, and my coworkers are incredibly supportive.

Comment

• We'll wait alongside as well. It feels a bit like family here in the zone, even if we've never met in person.

Comment

• He passed at 7:15 this morning. This is me with him and my grandma when I graduated with my bachelor's degree in 2014.

Comment

• RhymeLovingWriter
                RhymeLovingWriter commented
                Editing a comment
                Beautiful picture! My condolences to you and your family. May his soul rest in peace.+

• Thinking of you and your family Emmy.

Comment

• I'm hitting a snag at the moment on my blog. I have a poem ready to go, but not the rest of the content around it. I wondered, despite the long list of topical ideas I had, if/when I'd run into this moment and the thing I'd planned to write about doesn't seem so important anymore?

Comment

• There are, of course, many topics out there. How to make them relevant and interesting w/in the context of rhyme sometimes eludes me at first. Usually I write the post first and fit the rhyme into it (except last week with the limericks leading up to St. Patrick's Day). Also, when I did the first guest blog it was because someone saw a poem of mine and wanted to us it in a column, so the poem came first and I wrote content around it to make up the word count desired.

Ah well, I think it's good to know how to work from various angles anyway. Inspiration will come, right?

Comment

• Dear Emmy, my condolences to you and your family. It is always hard. In moments like this, I like to think that our beloved ones are in the much better place.

Comment

• Thank you both. It's been a rough few days, but I know my grandpa is at peace and whole and healthy again.

Comment

• I have a voice again - since this past Monday. A real voice that doesn't cut out after a few raspy words. I never knew how much it could be missed until going for over six weeks (this time) without singing or carrying on (what was to me) a normal conversation.

I'm happy that much of the time I felt well enough to write/type poetry - that was a very important way to have a voice - and I'm grateful.

Comment

• Also, it is overcast, cooler, and intermittently rainy. Perfect season changing weather. As we are on the cusp of leaving winter and entering spring - it fits. Yet I still prefer at least a few breaks of sun through the clouds - not today - or at least not likely.

Rainy days - they used to lead to blues
                          then I went to drought forsaken land
                          now I welcome rainy seasons too
                          All in moderation is quite grand!

Comment

• Can you tell that I'm procrastinating about finishing up a treasure hunt for April Fool's Day? I'm trying to give it a twist - and instead, the rhyme is twisting me in knots - or nots - as in NOT getting it done!

Comment

• On the brighter side - I have almost half of the blog post, which will launch the April Fool's Day treasure hunt, finished. So that's definitely something good.

Comment

Working...
                              X