Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only work two overnights a week, but it royally kicks my butt. Uffda.

Comment

• And now only a week away from March! It's been a long month - sick the last 2 1/2 weeks. Hope I get my voice back soon.

Comment

• My grandpa passed away this morning. This picture is from just shy of two years ago, when my dad and I drove down to Kansas to surprise him. Prior to that, the last time I'd seen him (in person) was in 2004. I'm so glad I was able to make that trip.

Comment

• Oh Emmy, I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm so glad you were able to make that trip too.

Comment

• Thank you. He had been sick for a long time, so I'm glad he's not hurting anymore. Going through his things was difficult, but also incredibly interesting. My grandpa never threw anything away, and it was all very organized--to the point of OCD. He still had the original copy of his and my grandma's divorce decree from 1966, plus my dad's original birth certificate, awards from when my grandpa was in high school, and photos of him, my great-grandparents, and great-great-grandparents, dating back over 100 years, plus so much more.

Comment

• Probably the hardest part of the funeral was when we went to the cemetery to inter his ashes. He had military honors, since he served in the Navy from 1952-1968. Hearing Taps played, and then watching the flag be folded and handed to my dad was absolutely gut-wrenching.

Comment

• I hope you can start feeling better through this heart ache. Just remember our trials help us grow.

Comment

• {Hugs} from the zone. Taps and the 21 gun salute are brutal. Fascinating facts about his things that you shared. Sounds like quite a man.

Comment

• Oh no, I'm so sorry to read about your grandpa's passing, Emmy

Comment

• Well a quick update on my life. I got married in December. Had an awful commute to work. Quit my job, my last day was yesterday. I went to the shelter to look at a dog that caught my eye only to leave sad that my newly acquired husband did not let me take the dog home. Now I'm all alone at home and decided to check up on you guys.

Comment

• It looks like this place is more active then it was the last time I was around.

Comment

• I am hoping I don't completely forget about this forum again. I'l try to be better.

CC do I remember you stating you hated the MM new album??

Comment

• Actually about the same activity

Comment

• Thanks Catz. And congratulations on tying the knot! You look absolutely stunning in your photo.

Comment

• Newlyweds?! Congratulations! I wasn't anywhere around when you all first joined, but have seen a few ebbs and flows of activity in just the last year. Maybe it's seasonal??

Comment

Working...
                                X