Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I slept lots after last weekend. And I've been off since Tuesday, so that's been nice.

Comment

• Today is a sad day, though. My grandpa on my mom's side is moving into a nursing home today. His Parkinson's has progressed to the point where he needs more skilled care than my grandma can provide, especially since she's been having hip problems. My grandparents have been married nearly 63 years and have never been apart for more than a day.

Comment

• Last night was my grandpa's first night in the nursing home, and at some point, he got up to try to use the restroom on his own, fell, and broke his hip. He's in surgery now to repair it. Sucks being away from my family and not being able to be there, between work and the weather going sideways tomorrow.

Comment

• ''I want you back
          Don't care what I have to do
          I want you back''

Comment

• Not one of their more well known songs now, but I don't want to repeat lyrics.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your grandfather, Emmy. Two major traumas for him in one day. That is really hard for your family. Too bad you aren't nearby family to share whatever is needed with them.

Comment

• Wow Emmy - I'm with Muttado1sb - so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. How is he doing? How is your Grandma doing? That's got to be a really tough transition for both - I don't look forward to it myself ever. But if we live long enough, something like that is always possible.

Comment

• So glad we didn't get as much ice as was predicted. Back in KS, where my folks live they got 1.13" of ice between Sunday/today. Slip-sliding away indeed!

Comment

• So far, they haven't lost power, but my brother said there are a bunch of branches down from the ice. Glad it's supposed to start warming up tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                      Wow Emmy - I'm with Muttado1sb - so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. How is he doing? How is your Grandma doing? That's got to be a really tough transition for both - I don't look forward to it myself ever. But if we live long enough, something like that is always possible.
                      He's doing okay. His surgery went well, so hopefully things will settle down. My grandma is doing okay, and so far I think they are both adjusting well. This is something we were prepared for a few years ago, but my grandpa going into the home was avoided when a senior living apartment opened up for them, when they moved off their farm. But now that his Parkinson's has progressed to the point it's at, and with my grandma's hip problems, it couldn't be avoided this time.

Comment

• I hope your grandfather is stilling doing well Emmy. Sorry to hear about the broken hip.

Comment

• He had a bit of a setback early last week, and was admitted back to the hospital with pneumonia, but he's doing a lot better. Hopefully after this, things will settle down for a while.

Comment

• Today I looked at the travel trailer I will buy in lieu of renting an apartment for the foreseeable future.

I was also licked by a giraffe.

So I suppose a pretty good day.

Comment

• Or as some might call it, "living the dream".

Comment

• Hard to believe it's already February! 2017 is moving at a brisk pace!

Comment

Working...
                                X