No announcement yet.

The Battle for the Last Post: Mission Bananarama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is my page top. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

Comment

• I'm making chicken verde for my week's food.

Comment

• Same meal all week?

Comment

• Variety is the spice of life.

Comment

• CC - you're back! Happy New Year all!

Comment

• I've been reading that turmeric is really good for you. Do any of you cook with it much or have favorite recipes for using it?

Comment

• Bitter cold and snow tonight. Shoveling/scraping in the AM will not be a delight.

Comment

• Classes don't start until Monday, but I already have homework. Guess I know how I'll be keeping myself occupied during the two doubles I have to work this weekend.

Comment

• Oh man - that sounds brutal Emmy. Good luck!

Comment

• 40 hours this weekend, from today at 4pm through midnight Sunday. I get off work at 8am Saturday, go back at 4pm, off at 8am Sunday, then back again from 4pm to midnight. I don't know what my supervisor was thinking when she did the schedule.

Comment

• Girl - take care of yourself! Are you a nurse by any chance? That sounds like a schedule in the health services field.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                          Girl - take care of yourself! Are you a nurse by any chance? That sounds like a schedule in the health services field.
                          I wish, then I'd get paid better! I work as an in-home caregiver for individuals with intellectual disabilities and chronic mental illness. We're super short-staffed, and since I go back to school Monday, that changes my availability. My supervisor thought scheduling me for 32 hours on the weekend would be okay for me to get my 40 hours per week. It's alright for this weekend, but I have a second job teaching voice that starts again in a couple weeks, and I'd have to get off work at 8am, go home and get cleaned up, then drive clear the other side of Omaha to teach for two hours. My availability isn't so limited that I need to cram all my hours into the weekend. Plus, y'know, I do have a little bit of a personal life.

Comment

• All total, since Wednesday I've worked nearly 60 hours. Didn't get to leave until 8:30 this morning, because the day shift person didn't think they had to work, then ended up coming back in a little before 3, because that same person was either having a heart attack or an anxiety attack and left to go to the ER.

To say I am tired is an understatement.

Comment

• Hope you've had some chance to recuperate a bit from the weekend Emmy!

Comment

• Emmy that sounds absolutely awful to me. Get some sleep, woman!

Comment

Working...
                                X