Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kickstarter was funded! By November, I will have 1000 copies of my band's debut album in boxes in my house. Very excited.

Comment

• Also, I should sleep but I don't wanna

Comment

• Quite frankly, you can't make me. So there. I'm sticking my tongue out at you.

Comment

• Bleh!

Comment

• Today was basically 9 parts shit-tastic and one part good.

The staff meeting this morning was useless--the whole "can't drop to 32 hours if you're in a 40-hour slot" thing is apparently coming down from HR and the CFO, because heaven forbid they create a 32-hour slot in each house to free up some people. And then the snide reminder that even if we're not actually on a shift during the staff meeting, we still have to be in dress code for it (collared shirt, jeans, closed-toe shoes). Bruh. I just worked till midnight the night before, and I'm driving 20 minutes one way to be at this thing, after only a few hours' sleep. You're damn skippy I'm gonna show up in what's comfortable, which today was leggings and a sweatshirt.

Plus one of my clients was an absolute hellion all night--yelling, swearing, hitting the side of the house. OY.
            Last edited by Emmy; 09-15-2016, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• The good part of today, though, was that my boyfriend and I went and looked at a house. We both really liked the look of it from the listing, but once we actually were inside it was pretty evident there were some issues with the foundation settling. There was a definite tilt to the floors, enough that it made me dizzy just standing in there. But the realtor we met with is going to put together a list of properties for us to sort through and find ones we like. And my boyfriend should know by Monday the exact amount of the pre-approval for the mortgage.

Comment

• The other bright spot this week is that my voice teacher, along with the dean of the school of music and another music faculty member are lobbying to get me a tuition waiver. Both last semester and this semester, I was charged non-resident tuition, when I qualified for a lower tuition rate because of the county I was living in when I was accepted, and I've been living in-state since then. So if that works out, I could be getting a pretty significant refund from the school.

Comment

• But for now I am going to crawl in bed and fall asleep to the sounds of the thunderstorm rolling through. And hope that Friday is much less shit-tastic than Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emmy View Post
                    But for now I am going to crawl in bed and fall asleep to the sounds of the thunderstorm rolling through. And hope that Friday is much less shit-tastic than Thursday.
                    Man, listen, dawg, for real. Your Friday is going to be so good. I can feel it. Best Friday? Maybe. Possibly the best. I'm going to hope for that, since my ability to directly impact the outcome is sorta... limited. But I have faith. Something good is going to happen.

Comment

• Also I wish it would storm here. Storms reallllly compliment my sleeping arrangements.

Comment

• Check this:
                        Tempurpedic mattress (queen)
                        3 tealight lanterns
                        1 scented candle (beach fragrances are a must)
                        Silent ceiling fan
                        Memory foam pillow
                        2 body pillows (gotta prop myself up or the sleep paralysis demons get me)
                        And a choice of quilt, comforter, or both

Comment

• Now if I could convince my friend's wife to keep the house a chilly 70 degrees at night, it would be 100% awesome.

Comment

• It's really the only part of my life where I allow myself luxury. And the funny part is, I don't really ever want to go to sleep.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm still working on that intermittent cough, so no full night's sleep yet. I think it's getting better though, so soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                                Yeah, I'm still working on that intermittent cough, so no full night's sleep yet. I think it's getting better though, so soon.
                                I hates me a persistant cough.

Comment

Working...
                                X