Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to my supervisor, I can't work just 32 hours a week. I either have to stay at 40 hours, or drop to part-time. Staying at 40 is not feasible, with school and all, and part-time isn't an option, because I'd lose my insurance. But I can't afford to switch jobs, since my boyfriend and I are looking at buying a house.

Talk about being caught between a rock and a hard place.

Comment

Is it possible to work fewer hours each day but work 7 days a week? Or would that be worse?

Comment

Sometimes you just gotta start doing copious amounts of stimulants, I guess.

Comment

When I worked two jobs - one during the day and the other overnight - I would drink coffee as though it were medicine. Literally just pinch my nose and pour two cups of iced, unsweetened coffee down my gullet.

Comment

Repeat that process every 3-4 hours too.

Comment

And I was also thoroughly miserable.

Comment

Originally posted by CeramicCornflake View Post
                Is it possible to work fewer hours each day but work 7 days a week? Or would that be worse?
                Nope. We work in 8-hour shifts, so splitting those up doesn't usually happen unless it's an emergency or something. As it is, there isn't a single day where I'm not either at work, school, or have both in one day.

Comment

Laaaaaaaaaame

Comment

I think text messages were a mistake. I don't think we were ready for that technology.

Comment

• Especially when romance and driving are involved.

Comment

• I think you may be right about text messages.

Comment

• Boy it really cooled off today! Fall is on the way - no doubt. (Of course, the rain might have had something to do with moderating temps.)

Comment

• Hi All! Glad to see the battle is still raging on. Yesterday was my wife's last chemo session so that is good to be done with. I am having fun coaching my daughters soccer team. Luckily there are two other coaches helping out so it is not all on me like last season. We won our first game 6 to 1 last week. Sounds like CC is pumping up! Good for you CC.

Comment

• CeramicCornflake
                              CeramicCornflake commented
                              Editing a comment
                              John that's fantastic. I'm super happy to hear she is finally done with that.

• So happy to hear some good news for you John. That chemo trail is a tough one to hoe - will continue to hold you guys in prayer. My son-in-law coached several of our grandchildren's soccer teams over the years - it may be fun, but is a big commitment - so happy you could be involved in that and the kids are having fun and success. CC has really been hitting it and is back to posting some awesome poetry too! Thanks for the recent site maintenance! Happy camper here!

Comment

• Oh hey look my notifications are working right. Nice!

Comment

Working...
                              X