X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emmy
    replied
    The other bright spot this week is that my voice teacher, along with the dean of the school of music and another music faculty member are lobbying to get me a tuition waiver. Both last semester and this semester, I was charged non-resident tuition, when I qualified for a lower tuition rate because of the county I was living in when I was accepted, and I've been living in-state since then. So if that works out, I could be getting a pretty significant refund from the school.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    The good part of today, though, was that my boyfriend and I went and looked at a house. We both really liked the look of it from the listing, but once we actually were inside it was pretty evident there were some issues with the foundation settling. There was a definite tilt to the floors, enough that it made me dizzy just standing in there. But the realtor we met with is going to put together a list of properties for us to sort through and find ones we like. And my boyfriend should know by Monday the exact amount of the pre-approval for the mortgage.

Leave a comment:

• Emmy
    replied
    Today was basically 9 parts shit-tastic and one part good.

The staff meeting this morning was useless--the whole "can't drop to 32 hours if you're in a 40-hour slot" thing is apparently coming down from HR and the CFO, because heaven forbid they create a 32-hour slot in each house to free up some people. And then the snide reminder that even if we're not actually on a shift during the staff meeting, we still have to be in dress code for it (collared shirt, jeans, closed-toe shoes). Bruh. I just worked till midnight the night before, and I'm driving 20 minutes one way to be at this thing, after only a few hours' sleep. You're damn skippy I'm gonna show up in what's comfortable, which today was leggings and a sweatshirt.

Plus one of my clients was an absolute hellion all night--yelling, swearing, hitting the side of the house. OY.
    Last edited by Emmy; 09-15-2016, 10:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Bleh!

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Quite frankly, you can't make me. So there. I'm sticking my tongue out at you.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Also, I should sleep but I don't wanna

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    My kickstarter was funded! By November, I will have 1000 copies of my band's debut album in boxes in my house. Very excited.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    commented on 's reply
    John that's fantastic. I'm super happy to hear she is finally done with that.

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Oh hey look my notifications are working right. Nice!

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    So happy to hear some good news for you John. That chemo trail is a tough one to hoe - will continue to hold you guys in prayer. My son-in-law coached several of our grandchildren's soccer teams over the years - it may be fun, but is a big commitment - so happy you could be involved in that and the kids are having fun and success. CC has really been hitting it and is back to posting some awesome poetry too! Thanks for the recent site maintenance! Happy camper here!

Leave a comment:

• Electron.John
    replied
    Hi All! Glad to see the battle is still raging on. Yesterday was my wife's last chemo session so that is good to be done with. I am having fun coaching my daughters soccer team. Luckily there are two other coaches helping out so it is not all on me like last season. We won our first game 6 to 1 last week. Sounds like CC is pumping up! Good for you CC.

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    Boy it really cooled off today! Fall is on the way - no doubt. (Of course, the rain might have had something to do with moderating temps.)

Leave a comment:

• RhymeLovingWriter
    replied
    I think you may be right about text messages.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    Especially when romance and driving are involved.

Leave a comment:

• CeramicCornflake
    replied
    I think text messages were a mistake. I don't think we were ready for that technology.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X