Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I recall correctly, at my last exam my right eye was -7.25 and my left was -4.50. Something like that.

Comment

• A shame about Gene Wilder, eh?

Comment

• He was a legend.

Comment

• I just chopped a bunch of bananas. Awwww yiss. Frozen nana smoothie time, activate!

Comment

• Wrote 2k words, saw some open mic comedy, cleaned the nasty cat box, did dishes, prepped meals.

Comment

• My goal for next week is to participate in said open mic night. Gotta write 3 minutes of jokes.....

Comment

• That was sad news. About Gene Wilder.

Comment

• Open mic night would give me serious pause - but then from your posts - and having a band - I guess you're used to being in front of an audience. Good luck with that!

Comment

• Originally posted by RhymeLovingWriter View Post
                    That was sad news. About Gene Wilder.
                    Yeah he was great. I love every performance of his. When I found out, I immediately played that pure imagination song from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Comment

Open mic night would give me serious pause - but then from your posts - and having a band - I guess you're used to being in front of an audience. Good luck with that!
                      My guitarist says he could NEVER do standup. The idea scares him. Now me... I'm actually very frightened of signing in front of a crowd, but standup seems easy. Even if I bombed, I don't think it would bother me.

Comment

• Excellent word count increase. I only got one poem done today. I didn't count how many words - but I did make sure the syllable counts of each line (w/in stanzas) matched. I'm playing with formatting - sort of a mash up of free verse and numbered line counts with a bit of rhyme thrown for effect.
                        Last edited by RhymeLovingWriter; 08-30-2016, 10:49 PM.

Comment

• If I keep messing around with it long enough - one day I might even invent a whole new form.

Comment

• If you want to view paradise
                            Simply look around and view it

Comment

Excellent word count increase. I only got one poem done today. I didn't count how many words - but I did make sure the syllable counts of each line matched. I'm playing with formatting - sort of a mash up of free verse and numbered line counts with a bit of rhyme thrown for effect.
                              I saw your new post. I read through it once, but I want to sit down and read it a few more times before I give my thoughts. Still doing housework

Comment

• That's so funny. I'd actually rather sing than speak in front of other people. I can read prepared script, but to wing it - oh man - that takes guts and a whole lot of practice I'd imagine too - unless you're a natural. My son is taking Public Speaking in college this semester and he's already not happy about the number of speeches they have to give. I know it's way different than stand-up, but it is in front of an audience.

Comment

Working...
                                X